• 2 weeks later...

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson with the Deaert Gold set. Give it six months, they'll probably get discounted to $100.

I think the problem with the Desert Gold set is that there isn't a huge market for those specific bands. At the original price point (and even at $100), the Desert Gold set is really only for TMR collectors--most of whom will only shell out these days if it's JW/DW/TWS music. I think the set came at a time when TMR collectors were getting a bit fatigued and the completist drive was fading.

Hateful Eight/Tarantino obviously enjoys a much bigger and more diverse collector market (and this set is a lot cooler, too). I'd be surprised if these last six months.

• 1 month later...

They wree limited to 1 per person, so doubt anyone got an "Extra".  However, this record has been up for sale from SEVERAL different places so I doubt it that limited and I am sure the market will be flooded.

"Extra" meaning someone that purchased it to sell or trade and didn't actually want the new Margo Price album. 

Thanks, it just seems like forever since that was announced.

Yep they announce them at the beggining of a month and leave pre-orders open for that entire month.  Then they start making them, which normally takes 6-8 weeks.  So if you bought it the day it was announced, you will have to wait about 3 months till it is delivered.

Yep they announce them at the beggining of a month and leave pre-orders open for that entire month.  Then they start making them, which normally takes 6-8 weeks.  So if you bought it the day it was announced, you will have to wait about 3 months till it is delivered.

The weird thing is this time around, they asked for address confirmations weeks ago, when usually they send that email a day or two before they start shipping. My guess is there was a delay in getting the coins in, it's also RSD season, so the presses are all backlogged.