Need Disney World tips

If you stay at any Disney hotel do you get the jump the line passes?

If you had to pick one hotel you would stay at in Disney which would you chose? Not the craziest, but best bang for your buck/location. Not a big stay in the hotel type of person, but being close is clutch.

Got a bonus at work, so this trip is going down. Surprise 30th birthday for my g/f who has never been.

-Florida resident discounts are awesome, I think they sometimes offer them to Georgians too.

-The good thing about the hotels is the shuttles they have that come and go every 20 mintues or so. No skipping in line, that is Universal but their hotels are more $$$

-The shuttles rule because you can pregame in your hotel room and have a great old time in the park

If you stay at any Disney hotel do you get the jump the line passes?

No. If you're in the Vacation Club (timeshare program), you can get a couple free, though. If you're staying in the hotels, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, where certain parks will be open a little earlier or later on certain days.

If you had to pick one hotel you would stay at in Disney which would you chose? Not the craziest, but best bang for your buck/location. Not a big stay in the hotel type of person, but being close is clutch.

It depends, different hotels are closer to different places. Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club are right by Epcot (walking distance), Grand Floridian and Contemporary are right by Magic Kingdom, Saratoga Springs is walking distance from Downtown Disney, etc.

We usually stay at the value resorts, because, especially if you're not planning to spend much time there, there's no reason to pay more for the room. They do tend to get overrun by middle and hs kids groups, though. As for bang for the buck, I'll say the Port Orleans French Quarter. It's compact, close to Epcot (big for me) and you can take the water taxi over to Downtown Disney, which is cool.

I went to Disney a few times before I was ten, once when I was about twelve, and the last time I went was last May for Grad Bash. After having been in Universal the night before until 2am and waiting In those lines, going to Disney on a Sunday and waiting in those lines was HELL. I definitely reccomend going on a weekday. Magic Kingdom is the only one I've been to, but I think it's really cool, as long as you try and go when lines won't be four hours long, and you're not in a rush. You could definitely spend at least one whole day, if not two, there. And when they do fireworks, it's really awesome, something I loved as a kid. I definitely say take at least one day to just relax, maybe chill at Downtown Disney. I got to catch a pretty cool show at The House of Blues one time. If you're planning on eating at Downtown Disney, get ready to spend money though! It's a pretty cool experience though. I really wanna go back and just spend a day or two at Magic Kingdom when it's not so packed. I love Orlando.

So I'm doing the thing on Disney's site and a 5 day trip w/ flight and a value resort is going to set me back about $2,000. Yikes. Let's say I was just going to go to the Magic Kingdom, would 2-3 days be fine?

Trying to make this a nice little b-day gift, but I think my g/f would punch me in the face if she knew I spent that much.

So I'm doing the thing on Disney's site and a 5 day trip w/ flight and a value resort is going to set me back about $2,000. Yikes. Let's say I was just going to go to the Magic Kingdom, would 2-3 days be fine?

Trying to make this a nice little b-day gift, but I think my g/f would punch me in the face if she knew I spent that much.

Daaaaamn. Is it giving you a ticket for each of the 5 days? Two or three days could be enough. Get there on day one, relax, maybe go to Downtown Disney. Day two, go to Disney and spend the whole day. You could go again the next day if you wanted, I guess. Maybe not spend the whole day, get a bit of rest and such and leave at some point that day.

Don't book your flight through Disney. Snoop around on kayak or other aggregators to see if you can find a lower price.

If you do want to shorten the trip, 2-3 days would be more than enough for Magic Kingdom. With three full days, you could do two different parks and take a day break in between or at the end.

Daaaaamn. Is it giving you a ticket for each of the 5 days? Two or three days could be enough. Get there on day one, relax, maybe go to Downtown Disney. Day two, go to Disney and spend the whole day. You could go again the next day if you wanted, I guess. Maybe not spend the whole day, get a bit of rest and such and leave at some point that day.

Remember that each day, you can leave and re-enter one park as much as you want. So, go to the park when it opens, leave in the afternoon, chill around the hotel pool, head back to the same park for dinner and fireworks, and it only counts as one day/ticket.