Thursday-ACbtLD 2xLP HOT TOPIC exclusive UP NOW

travis

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping this has an insert of some sort, the booklet for the CD version was absolutely stellar.

Yup, the insert looks pretty awesome

Gorgeous, I want to have its children, not sleeping the night of the 14th isn't even going to be an issue.

This may go up before the 15th. Not until sometime around the middle/end of next week at the earliest.

Hoping this has an insert of some sort, the booklet for the CD version was absolutely stellar.

Gorgeous, I want to have its children, not sleeping the night of the 14th isn't even going to be an issue.

This may go up before the 15th. Not until sometime around the middle/end of next week at the earliest.

pleaaaase keep us updated. i dont wanna miss out on this baby

I do wish Hot Topic would do proper onsale times, but keep us posted. You are of course, the man Travis.

I think Im just going to try and have this one go up at a random time. It will likely make these last longer and people dont have to sit up all nite trying to get one.

that is close to the same thing. instead of people knowing what day these will go up and waiting all night for one day, people will constantly be checking the site every day throughout the day hoping they will be up. people will be paranoid. they will have to be around a computer much more often than just planning one day and possibly pulling an all nighter on that specific day.

you think it will last longer, but as soon as they go up, someone will post here alerting a good chunk of people. the lucky few who happen to check the boards at the right moment or those who constantly check the boards. and if some people don't have access to the internet at that precise moment they will miss out because they weren't hunkered down by a computer waiting. rationalize it as "i will press more if these sell quick," but for variant collectors they could potnetially get screwed over doing it this way. a fair shot will be letting everyone know a release date instead of randomly releasing them.

i'd rather miss out on something knowing it just sold out on me rather than missing out because i had no idea the thing was being sold in the first place. seems to me this is a kneejerk reaction to all the BS that happened with Vheissu.

I think Im just going to try and have this one go up at a random time. It will likely make these last longer and people dont have to sit up all nite trying to get one.

that is close to the same thing. instead of people knowing what day these will go up and waiting all night for one day, people will constantly be checking the site every day throughout the day hoping they will be up. people will be paranoid. they will have to be around a computer much more often than just planning one day and possibly pulling an all nighter on that specific day.

you think it will last longer, but as soon as they go up, someone will post here alerting a good chunk of people. the lucky few who happen to check the boards at the right moment or those who constantly check the boards. and if some people don't have access to the internet at that precise moment they will miss out because they weren't hunkered down by a computer waiting. rationalize it as "i will press more if these sell quick," but for variant collectors they could potnetially get screwed over doing it this way. a fair shot will be letting everyone know a release date instead of randomly releasing them.

i'd rather miss out on something knowing it just sold out on me rather than missing out because i had no idea the thing was being sold in the first place. seems to me this is a kneejerk reaction to all the BS that happened with Vheissu.

staying up all night is not an ideal way to purchase a record. some people have ya know... lives and stuff.

Not a kneejerk reaction, Ive been thinking about trying this out for a while. Most places who sell records dont give a specific date/time things are going up. They just put them up when they feel like it.

I dont have to justify anything, Im simply saying there will be more of these made if they sell out quickly.

No matter what I do people are going to complain about it. If I give a date and people wait up all nite to get it there will still be people who miss out and those people will be complaining. If they go up randomly some people will still miss out and those people will be complaining.

I think the ideal approach would be a limit of one per customer for the first 24 hours and then it's a free-for-all after that. It'd give fans a fair chance at getting a copy before the flippers start placing 20-copy orders. Whatever the case, I don't see this going as fast as Thrice did, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

This thing looks beautiful and I can't wait to get it. Travis, you're kicking some serious ass on these releases, and I thank you. My wallet, however, hates you.