Mondo Prints

Figured I start a Mondo thread for general discussion of their stuff since they had 2 prints drop yesterday. Surprised there isn't one already since I know a lot of people enjoy their stuff or maybe there is one and I just didn't find it...anyway...

I kinda felt both of the new drops were fairly lack luster but I had to get The Last House on the Left print since it was by Jock whom I've liked all of his comic book art. Looks like the eBay flippers are showing just how just kinda blah this and the Kill List prints are. (I personally liked Kill List the film but the print is just...not entirely reflective of the film IMO.)

The Ringo and Hugo prints look awesome though.

I made the feeble attempt at getting the entire Star Wars series when it dropped. After a few of the first ones, it became nearly impossible to get one. Especially the Stout ones.

Their checkout process is cumbersome and basically doesn't matter if you a print in cart, you can get and will get shafted by the time it rolls into the payment screen b/c it's sold out.

I got so aggravated that I dumped the few Star Wars one I did have. I only kept the McCarthy one...which I agree is the best as it's subtle...and the Bounty Hunters.

they're amazing, but I was able to order two of the big lebowski ones a few years ago, then had 1 of them graciously cancelled and refunded...which sucked because one was a gift and one was going to be for me...so I gave the one I got away as the gift...so after that I decided to not bother with them anymore.....if you have this high of a demand, print more posters instead of forcing the collectible market to exist on your products...yes it's great to be in demand, but frustrating when you can't get one when they easily could make more.

yeah the flipability of these is ridiculous. a friend of mine works at Mondo has told me that the reason their print numbers are normally so low is because those are the numbers the studios give them. which is why i think the dawn of the dead prints are fairly high since Romero was so into the whole idea.

a buddy of mine is obsessed with Mondo and hordes them like crazy, i don't think he even has any framed.

i missed this last drop but happened to snag that Jock print for a dollar above cost. i also think they are pretty hyped up but they are consistent when it comes to quality which is why i personally like their work

I need to get my Adventure Time print framed.

They really do feed the flippers, and to be honest I've flipped a few.

Checkout goes smoother if you either buy a gift card or check out with a credit card. Skip paypal. Also use a check for change program to catch the release time.

it has become so popular from flippers that i hate it now. had the 3 stout star wars in my cart and decided to go back and get the variants instead.. such a bad decision. now im left with only the Jedi variant and the other 2 sell for 300$ on ebay. i need to complete the set but i dont have that kind of money. I could sell a few but i prefer to be a hoarder.

yeah the flipability of these is ridiculous. a friend of mine works at Mondo has told me that the reason their print numbers are normally so low is because those are the numbers the studios give them. which is why i think the dawn of the dead prints are fairly high since Romero was so into the whole idea.

a buddy of mine is obsessed with Mondo and hordes them like crazy, i don't think he even has any framed.

i missed this last drop but happened to snag that Jock print for a dollar above cost. i also think they are pretty hyped up but they are consistent when it comes to quality which is why i personally like their work

nice to see another austinite on this board...

(I personally liked Kill List the film but the print is just...not entirely reflective of the film IMO.)

+1 for liking Kill List. My friend and I really enjoyed that film and I haven't heard of too many people saying the same thing.

I did like the print though. Kinda gives stuff away, but also is pretty secretive at the same time. Wish i was able to grab it...

they're amazing, but I was able to order two of the big lebowski ones a few years ago, then had 1 of them graciously cancelled and refunded...which sucked because one was a gift and one was going to be for me...so I gave the one I got away as the gift...so after that I decided to not bother with them anymore.....if you have this high of a demand, print more posters instead of forcing the collectible market to exist on your products...yes it's great to be in demand, but frustrating when you can't get one when they easily could make more.

oof that lebowski is worth about a cool g now

i love what mondo does, i just don't really like about 95% of them enough to want to buy them, anything stout puts out though i'm all over, his stuff just kills me its so good

i have quite a few if anyone wants to check out the list (not for sale or trade EVER haha):

http://deadformat.net/tradelist/rrd#cat_28760

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...