PO: BEST COAST - THE ONLY PLACE

Best Coast just posted the pre-order for their new album "The Only Place." There are a bunch of bundles available with stuff like shirts, posters, etc. Doesn't look like you can buy just the LP at this time.

http://www.bestcoast.us/presale/

They also posted a download of the song "The Only Place," which I've listened to at least five times already. It's a lot cleaner than their earlier stuff, but it's a really awesome/fun song.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little curious about the vinyl too. I pre ordered it from Insound already, but I'm sure that's not going to be limited. Mexican Summer doesn't have it up yet. So is this "Limited Edition" vinyl going to be on color or anything cool? I'm kinda worried about ordering just another black version at this point. The poster might be cool though.

I wonder what color UO will have. I'm tempted to get the "Beary Best" bundle since the LPs don't come with a digital download, and I really like the poster

It's gonna be clear vinyl.

I'm on the fence too. The color vinyl is always welcome, but I think a screen printed poster is pretty desirable too. I'm also thinking that the black may be more limited than the color, since I'm sure a lot of UO's will be getting them. Perhaps this 180gram vinyl will be the least common.

• 1 month later...

So you can get just the LP or deluxe LP now. I was going to get the deluxe for $16.99 + $6 shipping, but i decided to just preorder the regular version for $14.98 with free prime shipping. not sure the deluxe would be worth another eight bucks and more waiting. i'll be curious to see all the differences in the deluxe though. as far as i know, it's just the photo book.

I wonder what color UO will have. I'm tempted to get the "Beary Best" bundle since the LPs don't come with a digital download, and I really like the poster

If only there was a way to find mp3s of albums on the Internet.

My local store had the LP+7" earlier today. The LP definitely comes with a digital download inside.

FYI, the 7" is in a plain white paper sleeve and is separate from the sealed LP. A sticker on the 7" paper sleeve indicates that it is "limited" to 3,000 copies.

has anyone else been disappointed by this album yet?
didn't like it at first. i kinda hate the first song. it's all "LA's the best and everywhere else is lame and i'm better than you cause i live here". but then i realized the rest of the album is how she's really unhappy with where she's at, and it really grew on me. not because of that, but it helped. "boyfriend" was the first song best coast song i heard and it drew it me into the whole record before. because it was so fuzzy and shoe-gazy. the new single didn't draw me in at all, but i forced myself to listen to the rest a couple times and it's grown on me enough to preorder. i'll be excited to listen to the vinyl.

has anyone else been disappointed by this album yet?
didn't like it at first. i kinda hate the first song. it's all "LA's the best and everywhere else is lame and i'm better than you cause i live here". but then i realized the rest of the album is how she's really unhappy with where she's at, and it really grew on me. not because of that, but it helped. "boyfriend" was the first song best coast song i heard and it drew it me into the whole record before. because it was so fuzzy and shoe-gazy. the new single didn't draw me in at all, but i forced myself to listen to the rest a couple times and it's grown on me enough to preorder. i'll be excited to listen to the vinyl.

ive only listened once so far, but heres my annoyance: she played up the record so much by saying, oh its way more grown up than the last record, and its not just me whining about a boy and my cat.

but lyrically, theres no growth whatsoever. now she just whines about her mom, and bills, and just growing up.

but i plan on giving it another go tomorrow, and hopefully i can take my focus off lyric content and appreciate other aspects it has to offer.

If only there was a way to find mp3s of albums on the Internet.

If you're referring to illegal downloading, I'd rather pay for my music. Thanks for the tip though!