At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command Repress

I don't see how this is going to be any good. Omar confessed to not feeling their old tunes anymore and I'm not interested in seeing a couple of old dudes mimicking their golden years. It's a pity they couldn't just let it rest and keep on pushing forward with their stuff.

Every video I've seen online of them playing reunions shows over the years are terrible, none of them seem into it at all. I obviously wouldn't expect them to jump around and be crazy like they did when they were young, but they just sat still and looks bored.

Every video I've seen online of them playing reunions shows over the years are terrible, none of them seem into it at all. I obviously wouldn't expect them to jump around and be crazy like they did when they were young, but they just sat still and looks bored.

coming from a huge ATDI fan, ill say this in their defense.

the one thing they have going for them is that 3/5's of them have been playing music pretty non stop since they broke up.

also Omar and Cedric have been playing more punk inspired stuff recently.

I have set expectations really low on this HOWEVER..  I might be nicely surprised and I am not counting them out just yet.

I'm not sure how I feel about new music from them but I will definitely catch that Portland date. Their first time here in like 15 years. RoC was such a good "final" album, it is a bummer they are continuing when they don't seem that into it. I should be fine with it as long as there are some noodly guitar lines and Cedric's voice is waaay lower in the mix.

The pessimism is ridiculous.  The reasons the 2012 or 13 shows didn't work, 1. Omar lost his mother. 2. There was some bad blood still 3. they did it for the money.

They didn't even do a tour out of Texas, that's how failed that reunion was.  No one asked them to do this, no one paid for this.  Cedric and Omar had a fight but then reunited as newer version of Mars Volta as Antemasque and that sounded better than the last couple of Mars Volta albums.

I feeling that they're renengerized, not forcing anything and having fun and that's why this album/tour will be fun.

The pessimism is ridiculous. The reasons the 2012 or 13 shows didn't work, 1. Omar lost his mother. 2. There was some bad blood still 3. they did it for the money.

They didn't even do a tour out of Texas, that's how failed that reunion was. No one asked them to do this, no one paid for this. Cedric and Omar had a fight but then reunited as newer version of Mars Volta as Antemasque and that sounded better than the last couple of Mars Volta albums.

I feeling that they're renengerized, not forcing anything and having fun and that's why this album/tour will be fun.

Logic shmogic

No one can properly refute this because what everyone is actually trying to say is:

"I'm upset because it won't sound EXACTLY like RoC. The band members evolved and I didn't."

The pessimism is ridiculous.  The reasons the 2012 or 13 shows didn't work, 1. Omar lost his mother. 2. There was some bad blood still 3. they did it for the money.

They didn't even do a tour out of Texas, that's how failed that reunion was.  No one asked them to do this, no one paid for this.  Cedric and Omar had a fight but then reunited as newer version of Mars Volta as Antemasque and that sounded better than the last couple of Mars Volta albums.

They did a full European tour in 2012, too, but yeah, it was definitely a "pay off some debt" tour. Basically nothing but huge festivals. I also hope this is for the right reasons this time around, and that whatever they're writing lives up to their legacy.

They did a full European tour in 2012, too, but yeah, it was definitely a "pay off some debt" tour. Basically nothing but huge festivals. I also hope this is for the right reasons this time around, and that whatever they're writing lives up to their legacy.

I wouldn't call 3 shows in the UK and 1 in Spain a full European tour. (I was pretty pissed, they only did these shows and not a single show closer)

It's definitely not logical to base opinions off of actual interviews and recent live shows. All signs are actually totally the opposite of what they're pointing at and the color green doesn't actually exist.

I am skeptical about any band who releases new music 10+ years after their last output.