The talk about your pets thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a black long haired chihuahua (most masculine dog I could find) named Grim. Grim likes to poop on the floor, hide from strangers, and dig up moles and other rodents. I've also come to the conclusion that in his past life he was Native American Indian because he's deathly afraid of getting his picture taken in fear that it will capture his soul, camera or phone. If you point one at him he runs. I will do my best to obtain a photograph sometime today.

my puppy is a cry baby and it freaked me out last night. We were working on some new behaviors and she jumped and landed funny on her back leg. I wasn't too worried until she started screaming for a good 2 minutes. I sat with her seeing if she broke anything, then 5 minutes later she up chasing the cat.

We've got two dogs and one cat:

1. COOPER, a deer head chihuahua, 7 years old and about 8 pounds. we got him from a shelter who rescued him from humane society. they were gonna put him down because he didn't "show well." Nicknames: "Coops," "Coop," "Coopie," "Coopie Monster," "Coopernicus," "Super Cooper," "Super Duper Cooper Trooper," "Coopster," "Scooter," "Scooper," and last but not least, "Pooper."

Here's the picture that started it all (I saw him on Petfinder and fell in love immediately)

zn9baw.jpg

He's my baby boy  

288s9k.jpg

2. CHINOOK, an akita/husky mix. We got him from Homeward Bound. He's 6ish or so.. they weren't quite sure. They told us he was a lazy dog when we adopted him but he is the most active dog I've ever had! He runs 10k 2-3 times a week with my ex-roommate. When we got him, he was fat but lost his weight pretty quick. He lost 12% of his body weight in less than a year. He's about 70ish pounds right now. He's adorable but a little shit. Nicknames: "Shitnook," "Shynook," "Chimichanga."

Him ready for a hot date:

crpsw.jpg

On the shore of Lake Superior, chilling:

wm05dz.jpg

3. CHARLIE, the cat-dog. He's about 17 or 18 years old. He's a "karma's a bitch" cat. 17 years ago, one of my partner's coworkers found a box of kittens on the site of the road. They found homes for all of them, except 2. She convinced her parents to take 'em. When her parents died in early 2010, guess who inherited the cats? WE DID! Galadriel, his litter mate, died last year :( This little guy acts like a kitten most of the time. He thinks he's a lapdog, and he's a shithead. Nicknames: "Charlie, you fuck!," "Fucking cat," "Fucking fuck," "Shithead," and more.

Cooper & Charlie

1zcdb90.jpg

Speaking of pets (as the title suggests) the smaller of my kitties just took up occasionally peeing in my bed. Anyone else ever had trouble with this? I've looked into it, and some people state that it may be because she requires the litter changed daily. She needs fixed, so that may be part of the issue, but I thought I might see of anyone else has had experience with this in the past.

I need some serious advice on kennel training. And dog only forums ppl really aggro and confusing. So anyone with a small dog, tips? Also she's starting to chew on everything bc of her teething

you may have already found the information you need, but if not: 

make sure the crate is small enough that the dog can't poop in one corner and sleep in the other, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose. that's the big mistake a lot of people make. 

My Yorkie started having seizures today out of nowhere. After the first one my mom took her to the vet. I don't think they did anything right then, but she's had two smaller ones since then and I think we're picking up medicine for her. She's old, so it sucks to see them start randomly.

I was doing some research and apparently it's not really as bad as it seems to us when they're having one, but having three in such close proximity definitely isn't ideal. :unsure: