Ty Segall Band "Slaughterhouse"

Just got this today and it sounds amazing!

Though did they get sides 3 and 4 mixed around? I thought Fuzz War was supposed to be the last song.

I was wondering about that too. If that's the case, then my labels are messed up. And on the DL, Fuzz War is the last track.

Either way, the record is fantastic. My clear copy came yesterday and I spend all afternoon blasting it.

FYI, Castle Face has a limited colored edition of Ty's s/t record up for sale right now:

Ty Segall's first record, the one man band lo-fi masterpiece that started it all.

Limited edition of 200 (100 here, 100 that you can only get from Ty on tour) on A side WHITE, B side coke bottle green vinyl! Includes a download card!

http://www.castlefac...limited-edition

Guest realtalk

^^^

In regards to "Live in Aisle 5", does this label belong in the "Bullshit Claims of Limited Pressings" thread?

Seems originally there were 800 black and 200 pink. Now this green /200 was repressed this year. Not clear if more black were pressed or not. Taken from discogs, this was the original 2011 hype from the label:

From Southpaw Records: "Over the summer Ty Segall played to a sold out crowd in San Francisco at the Southpaw one year anniversary party. Live in Aisle Five captures Ty in an amazing live set and includes ten classic Ty songs, one new song, and two killer cover songs! All recorded by Eric Bauer who was the mastermind behind Ty's latest effort "Melted" and he did a killer job! This release is a one time pressing of 1000 and includes a limited color vinyl version of 200!"

Smells bullshitty to me.

???

^^^

In regards to "Live in Aisle 5", does this label belong in the "Bullshit Claims of Limited Pressings" thread?

Seems originally there were 800 black and 200 pink. Now this green /200 was repressed this year. Not clear if more black were pressed or not. Taken from discogs, this was the original 2011 hype from the label:

From Southpaw Records: "Over the summer Ty Segall played to a sold out crowd in San Francisco at the Southpaw one year anniversary party. Live in Aisle Five captures Ty in an amazing live set and includes ten classic Ty songs, one new song, and two killer cover songs! All recorded by Eric Bauer who was the mastermind behind Ty's latest effort "Melted" and he did a killer job! This release is a one time pressing of 1000 and includes a limited color vinyl version of 200!"

Smells bullshitty to me.

???

You've never seen a label initially say "one-time pressing" and then later press more? The original press has plain white labels while this repress has plain black labels if it really matters to you.

So long as I can buy a new copy of a record I enjoy at a reasonable price, I don't care what color it is or how limited it is.

Guest realtalk

You've never seen a label initially say "one-time pressing" and then later press more? The original press has plain white labels while this repress has plain black labels if it really matters to you.

So long as I can buy a new copy of a record I enjoy at a reasonable price, I don't care what color it is or how limited it is.

Yup, I've seen labels do this and it is misleading and they should be called on it.

I didn't name that other thread, but it is bullshit.

The first press isn't even hard nor expensive to get dude.

$16 bucks from redscroll and other places on discogs.

The first press isn't even hard nor expensive to get dude.

I was speaking in general, not specifically about this record. Anyway, if that's the case, then why are you complaining? Because it decreases the demand/price of the pink edition? Good. Records should be listened to and enjoyed, not flipped. Anything to keep the prices low is a good thing. In the record world, this means multiple presses (which is very common with garage labels, by the way).

I was speaking in general, not specifically about this record. Anyway, if that's the case, then why are you complaining? Because it decreases the demand/price of the pink edition? Good. Records should be listened to and enjoyed, not flipped. Anything to keep the prices low is a good thing. In the record world, this means multiple presses (which is very common with garage labels, by the way).

I think that if a label states that it's a one time pressing and then presses an additional run, there's something to complain about. It has nothing to due with diminishing the value of the first press and everything to do with the integrity of the label.

Where do you get the idea that "garage labels" have multiple pressings? What is a "garage label"? And who are these labels that are running multiple pressings?

I think that if a label states that it's a one time pressing and then presses an additional run, there's something to complain about. It has nothing to due with diminishing the value of the first press and everything to do with the integrity of the label.

Where do you get the idea that "garage labels" have multiple pressings? What is a "garage label"? And who are these labels that are running multiple pressings?

So a label intends to press a certain amount of records as a one-off, but it sells well and there is still demand for the record. Why is a repress in that case a bad thing? Why is that bad integrity? The goal here should be supporting these bands and independent labels and actually listening to the music rather than stockpiling or flipping records based on value.

Take the label In the Red for example. They keep almost everything in print.

So a label intends to press a certain amount of records as a one-off, but it sells well and there is still demand for the record. Why is a repress in that case a bad thing? Why is that bad integrity? The goal here should be supporting these bands and independent labels and actually listening to the music rather than stockpiling or flipping records based on value.

Take the label In the Red for example. They keep almost everything in print.

The idea that the label advertised one thing and then negated that statement with an additional pressing is a lack of integrity. Don't make the claim if you're not going to follow through.

Do you really think that you're supporting the band by buying their records? How much do you think an indie band makes from record sales? You want to support a band---go see them live and buy a t-shirt.

I buy records for listening---not for flipping or dust collecting. I'm also a collector and have a collector's mentality when it comes to limited pressings so I understand why someone would take issue with what has happened with this Ty Segall LP.

In The Red doesn't keep almost everything in print---especially vinyl. Close to 1/3 of the catalog is out of print. The only thing I can think of that was repressed was The Consumers LP and Larry never said that he wouldn't repress it.

Guest deathbydrums

The label looks like dick when they say " one time pressing only" whether they repress or not.

disagree. when they say "one time pressing only" they are giving you fair warning that it won't be around again.

this is precisely why it is shady to say that and then go and press more.