Official Diablo 3 Thread / Discussion

Hey will I have to pre-order this or can I just go to best buy on may 15th and get it no problem.

i wanna say yes, but its been so long!

amazon guarantees it at your door day of release.

also im not sure if its still available, but there were pre order extras for more money, i think a skeleton usb thing with past diablos on it, and some special dye for in game play. imo, not worth the extra dough.

ahhhhhh cant wait. building the computer was a little harder than expected. did not have a place for my ssd after looking and look, nor does it fit in the drive they supplied. just set it at the bottom for now, gonna get some velcro tonight.

put it together outside of the case to test it but did not have a ?mini hdmi? cable for the graphics card. everything turned on and powered up although no video, obviously. put it all in the case, but have a lot to plug in still. got the mobo, ram, cpu, hd, ssd, graphics card, psu all in the case. the psu has so many cables it is ridiculous. unsure if i need to buy a mini hdmi cable or not...

ahhhhhh cant wait. building the computer was a little harder than expected. did not have a place for my ssd after looking and look, nor does it fit in the drive they supplied. just set it at the bottom for now, gonna get some velcro tonight.

put it together outside of the case to test it but did not have a ?mini hdmi? cable for the graphics card. everything turned on and powered up although no video, obviously. put it all in the case, but have a lot to plug in still. got the mobo, ram, cpu, hd, ssd, graphics card, psu all in the case. the psu has so many cables it is ridiculous. unsure if i need to buy a mini hdmi cable or not...

I just built my pc recently myself. I ran into the mini hdmi too, but mine came with an adapter. Quick google serach got me this-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003XU7638/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

That should be what you need!

Edit: Link wasn't working. This one should

I just built my pc recently myself. I ran into the mini hdmi too, but mine came with an adapter. Quick google serach got me this-

Thanks for this. I went ahead and bought a hdmi standard to hdmi mini cable on amazon for like $7. Should be here tomorrow. Been using ?vga? or something similar so far.

Thanks for this. I went ahead and bought a hdmi standard to hdmi mini cable on amazon for like $7. Should be here tomorrow. Been using ?vga? or something similar so far.

its almost game time, is it gonna be ready?

yup...spent the past three days reinstalling windows like 4 or 5 times and trying to get my shit setup

long story coming right up...do not bitch about it's length if you read it....

1) my friend bought me a copy of windows 7 64bit ultimate and adobe lightroom, was $120 for the pair since he is still in college

2) computer kept booting to bios, over and over and over and over. no matter what my priorities were it booted to bios. realized after the fact that i had an upgrade disc and needed a copy of windows already on the machine

3) snagged a copy of vista from the office that my boss gave me, called ms customer service, and they confirmed the product key

4) loaded vista onto the computer. keep in mind due to loading to bios which it was still doing, i had to manually select the cd drive to get it to run

5) finally after getting vista on there called asus about my motherboard because of the bios thing. 3 hours later and 3 people later i got it solved. we tried everything, resetting stuff, plug different stuff in, messing with the settings, etc etc. the first two blamed it on other stuff, windows, the drives, etc. the third guy was a level 2 and helped me for like a good hour. come to find out the cpu fan was plugged into the wrong slot (which i told them it was giving me an error and also i googled it the day before when i first saw the error to which i found out it is common and "no big deal") my gf brother helped with the beginning of the build like last tues and he plugged the fan into the wrong port, although it worked fine and fit there it was the wrong spot...i should have double checked anyway so i take the blame. felt super bad that i wasted their time but he was cool with it.

6) got windows 7 installed and the computer was booting normal

7) updated the chipset, audio, lan, usb, and graphics card

8) updated windows

9) moved everything from external to hdd

10) then i messed up trying to rearrange shit. i was trying all sorts of things by getting my documents, my music, etc onto the d drive. kinda messed some stuff up and just lived with it for a day or so. yesterday it was bothering me and i tried going into the admin account and doing stuff, which just seemed worse because now icons for programs in the taskbar were not showing up on my profile. so i reinstalled windows and tried going into the registry and cmd prompt before starting windows for the first time. this did not work out well and search bar and stuff was not working and ah it was a mess. tried yet again and this time followed a guide in which all i did was change the profile directory to the e drive. now once creating my profile all my user data is already on the e drive. copied it from my makeshift folders in the e drive to the user folders on the e drive. this was late last night, fell asleep at the computer, but all seems good so far. had to reinstall all the drivers and going to reinstall adobe lightroom tonight as well as firefox (thinking about switching to chrome).

11) should be good to go now. crossing my fingers the whole user profile thing works out and does not cause problems. basically when i click (from the start bar or my libraries) documents, pictures, music, etc it all goes to the e drive. search bar in windows works fine and no error messages. windows updated fine as well. only error (which i got previously) was could not install one of the 3.0 drivers, although not even sure what usb 3.0 is for.

basically i should be good to go once it comes out.

yup...spent the past three days reinstalling windows like 4 or 5 times and trying to get my shit setup

long story coming right up...do not bitch about it's length if you read it....

1) my friend bought me a copy of windows 7 64bit ultimate and adobe lightroom, was $120 for the pair since he is still in college

2) computer kept booting to bios, over and over and over and over. no matter what my priorities were it booted to bios. realized after the fact that i had an upgrade disc and needed a copy of windows already on the machine

3) snagged a copy of vista from the office that my boss gave me, called ms customer service, and they confirmed the product key

4) loaded vista onto the computer. keep in mind due to loading to bios which it was still doing, i had to manually select the cd drive to get it to run

5) finally after getting vista on there called asus about my motherboard because of the bios thing. 3 hours later and 3 people later i got it solved. we tried everything, resetting stuff, plug different stuff in, messing with the settings, etc etc. the first two blamed it on other stuff, windows, the drives, etc. the third guy was a level 2 and helped me for like a good hour. come to find out the cpu fan was plugged into the wrong slot (which i told them it was giving me an error and also i googled it the day before when i first saw the error to which i found out it is common and "no big deal") my gf brother helped with the beginning of the build like last tues and he plugged the fan into the wrong port, although it worked fine and fit there it was the wrong spot...i should have double checked anyway so i take the blame. felt super bad that i wasted their time but he was cool with it.

6) got windows 7 installed and the computer was booting normal

7) updated the chipset, audio, lan, usb, and graphics card

8) updated windows

9) moved everything from external to hdd

10) then i messed up trying to rearrange shit. i was trying all sorts of things by getting my documents, my music, etc onto the d drive. kinda messed some stuff up and just lived with it for a day or so. yesterday it was bothering me and i tried going into the admin account and doing stuff, which just seemed worse because now icons for programs in the taskbar were not showing up on my profile. so i reinstalled windows and tried going into the registry and cmd prompt before starting windows for the first time. this did not work out well and search bar and stuff was not working and ah it was a mess. tried yet again and this time followed a guide in which all i did was change the profile directory to the e drive. now once creating my profile all my user data is already on the e drive. copied it from my makeshift folders in the e drive to the user folders on the e drive. this was late last night, fell asleep at the computer, but all seems good so far. had to reinstall all the drivers and going to reinstall adobe lightroom tonight as well as firefox (thinking about switching to chrome).

11) should be good to go now. crossing my fingers the whole user profile thing works out and does not cause problems. basically when i click (from the start bar or my libraries) documents, pictures, music, etc it all goes to the e drive. search bar in windows works fine and no error messages. windows updated fine as well. only error (which i got previously) was could not install one of the 3.0 drivers, although not even sure what usb 3.0 is for.

basically i should be good to go once it comes out.

haha, good. i miss those days of building computers, just a giant puzzle, good score on the programs. lightroom a+++. if you need help with that, lemme know. love LR.

sometimes i miss windows xp. i didnt like vista, 7 is cool i guess. i am more of a mac person, but have several pc based comps, mainly because i can go in and change this and add that. im a nerd when it comes to LEDs too, haha.

chrome vs firefox, i dunno....my friend who is a developer swears by it. loads css how its supposed to and its faster. i wouldnt be able to tell, his job is the internet, i guess hes supposed to know.

I just may have to hit you up on some of the lightroom stuff. Never used it before...links or books for a basic crash course would be helpful. I am sure I will just scratch the surface but not entirely sure how to even do that. Only used photoshop and wanted to be more legal / did not really need photoshop for what I do with my film once I have scanned it.

Any word on a demo or trial being released on or around release day?

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-Battlechest-new-version-Mac/dp/B0002BQN7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336573161&sr=8-1

here is the trial. all indications so far are that if you like this you'll crap your pants for III.

I just may have to hit you up on some of the lightroom stuff. Never used it before...links or books for a basic crash course would be helpful. I am sure I will just scratch the surface but not entirely sure how to even do that. Only used photoshop and wanted to be more legal / did not really need photoshop for what I do with my film once I have scanned it.

yeah in the newer LR the noise reduction, wow. its also super convenient when keeping your shit organized, its awesome, upload to straight from LR, facebook, flickr, smugmug, and some other places. the printing section is nice too, you can do a lot

Wow, organization would be helpful to the max. The past year I have been overwhelmed with negatives, scanning, editing, multiple files, multiple pictures at different exposures, learning to start only including like the top 5% (IMO) of photos into my workflow. I currently have lots of photos to finishing editing and uploading, then a pile of negatives to scan, then a pile of film to develop. Actually offered to pay my gf sister to help me out for a weekend. Need to figure out lightroom so I can use it's advantages to speed up my whole process and get caught up.

any idea how the battle.net system will work. will i add people via my account name, character name, etc??

i want to play with some of you guys. ordered a mic as well as my clip on mic for my audio technica headphones has been shitty for a long time now.

Each BattleTag is automatically assigned a numeric BattleTag code, which combines with your chosen name to create a unique identifier (e.g. FallenSlayer#3592). Your BattleTag and code are viewable when you log in to Battle.net Account Management and within the Diablo III game client’s “Social” interface, and can be shared with other players who wish to send you a friend request manually. You will also be able to send BattleTag friend requests list within the context of a without knowing their BattleTag code -- by clicking a person’s BattleTag when they send you a message or group with you, for example. In either case, both players must agree to become BattleTag friends before either of you will be added to friends lists.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battletagfaq

i was just reading through these

Thanks. Will update the first post with that and do some reading tonight.

Seems like I got my desktop in order as of last night. Yeah that number must be random because mine is like 1700 or something and I sure as hell know that I am probably within 5 or 10 with appletree, every now and then it is taken on the internet and i just use eertelppa