"subscribe" to asbestos records!!

http://asbestosrecords.bigcartel.com/product/asbestos-2012-subscription

toying with the idea of offering a subscription series for upcoming asbestos releases, since we have so many things coming up... wanted to see if you guys would be down for something along the lines of this:

$100 + $40 shipping.

you get the next 20 points worth of records we release, and are gauranteed the rarest color available... so no sweating preorders

2xlps = 4 points

LP/10" = 2 points

7" = 1 point

It would be US only (since we have some shipping restrictions on licensed stuff) and would include everything we release except the ska is dead club (just out of the risk of it overlapping a subscription and having the person miss out on one or two) but it would offer a significant savings on per unit prices over the long haul... what do you guys think?

just released:

Infamous Jake & the Pinstripe Mafia - this is the begining of the end LP

They Might Be Giants - Factory Showroom LP

At the plants & in production:

Pilfers - s/t LP

The Pietasters - oololoo LP

Ednas Goldfish before you knew better LP

Suburban Legends - Rumpshaker LP

Ska Revival mystery 7"

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler LP

River City Extension - Dont Let the Sun Go Down on your Anger 2xlp

and theres a ton nore stuff in early stages of production now

The concept is great, but once there's a delay or something doesn't go quite as planned people will head for the hills and demand refunds, etc...And if you fuck up with the shipping or some people don't get their records, etc...you're doomed. I don't think it's worth it. It's like a massive pre-order and you don't know what you're getting.

i like the points system but it seems like there should be more of a price break per record for putting down $100+shipping at once. I know you get the rarest color which is nice, however 1 point = $5 so 7"s and 2xLPs are the same costs as your store now, so there is absolutely no cost savings on those (not to mention the 2xLPs that are priced at $16-$18).

LPs marked at 2 points can save $4-5 bucks a piece which is nice, but for me saving $4-$10 over the next 3 months (seeing you use all your points by July) is not enough to savings to plunk down $140 up front.

Seems like it would be easier to cherry pick the releases you want.

Just my thoughts, not that they matter.

this is up if anyone is interested... its obviously not a perfect system, and we'll be throwing in shit for subscribers now and again as a thanks for the support.. as we have tons of weird shit laying around here :)

I'm one of the few that actually want that Sum 41 record. If I purchase the subscription, would I be guaranteed that? Cause out of all the stuff ya'll are releasing, AKNF is #1 on my list.

So basically you get all the above release plus an unknown 7" later on? Assuming I added the points together correctly? Or is it a pick and choose points system? Like you said you have tons of other things lined up what if I don't want one of those records you have listed can I save the points for another. If not, there doesn't seem to be any point to the points system. Just call it a subscription for the next 10 releases. That being said I am interested.