Looking for an opinion of this band

I thought there was a thread for checking out new bands but, that damned search feature is useless. Anyway, I'd love an honest opinion of this band. They're name is Love in War and they just self-released their first cd and video. Check it out if you have the time. I'm kind of biased so I was hoping for some constructive feedback.

So, if you dig it, please spread the word. If you really like them, I can get a few promo copies of the disc and pass along for further review. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Seems a bit too polished and safe. Reminds me of bands like Client, Pretty Little Thieves or maybe Shiny Toy Guns or Garbage, all bands I'm aware of but don't like. So what follows isn't exactly glowing praise, but I tried to keep it objective.

It isn't bad per se. But it isn't quite catchy enough to be pop, it's a little too weak to have much "rock" appeal and it doesn't have enough groove to work on the dancier side of things.

It sort of falls squarely in the middle, and as a result, while it remains pretty palatable, it doesn't really commit to anything. Which is a positive, in the sense that most people wouldn't find it terribly abrasive. But, as a result, it's pretty forgettable. There just isn't much soul too it.

At least to my ears, no offense if your connected to the band. I'm sure everyone worked hard and is talented.

Seems a bit too polished and safe. Reminds me of bands like Client, Pretty Little Thieves or maybe Shiny Toy Guns or Garbage, all bands I'm aware of but don't like. So what follows isn't exactly glowing praise, but I tried to keep it objective.

It isn't bad per se. But it isn't quite catchy enough to be pop, it's a little too weak to have much "rock" appeal and it doesn't have enough groove to work on the dancier side of things.

It sort of falls squarely in the middle, and as a result, while it remains pretty palatable, it doesn't really commit to anything. Which is a positive, in the sense that most people wouldn't find it terribly abrasive. But, as a result, it's pretty forgettable. There just isn't much soul too it.

At least to my ears, no offense if your connected to the band. I'm sure everyone worked hard and is talented.

Not connected to the band at all, I'm a friend of someone connected to the band. They're really not my taste which makes it hard for me to judge. You're input is greatly appreciated. No offense taken whatsoever.

Better than crabcore or that Sleigh Bells garbage.

Please tell me more about this "crabcore." I looked it up and sadly found it was not as awesome as i thought it would be. And amazingly nothing is mentioned about meral spread threat displays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Chubbles/Crabcore

i assumed it involved viciously pinching the face of audience members and maybe eating them.

I dig bands like Shiny Toy Guns and Garbage, I'd say it's more in line with Garbage than Shiny Toy Guns.

I like her voice, I like the edginess, very clean recording, etc. I'd probably turn it up if I heard it on the radio, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

It is a little forgettable, it's like... a band you like, but one of their less interesting songs?

If they made a catchier radio single it would probably cross that line (like, I would have probably never got into Garbage except for Paranoid).