First turntable setup

Looking for my first real turntable set up. I didn't want to spend a whole lot more than 200 on a turntable (250 is my max) and if I can get speakers for 150 that would be nice. Floor standing ones preferably. Any and all imput is appreciated!

I've also noticed that maybe a receiver is something I would want to get too? I'm new to all this. Been collecting records for a little while and I want a decent setup do I can listen to them on a quality table

Thanks!

If you want to get floorstanding speakers you'll also need something to power them (at least another $200), because they don't really make active floorstanders in your price range. How big is the room, do you actually need "big" speakers?

For just over $200, you can get the Audio Technica ATLP120, and then add some active monitors. Search for "M-AUDIO Studiophile" speakers on ebay, you could get the BX5A model, or even BX8 for under $150. The ATLP120 has a built in phono stage, so you're good to go. Though you need to understand that buying a complete setup for <$400 is like buying a new TV for $150. It can be done, but the result will be far from spectacular.