who else has had their pay pal funds stolen before

some ass hat did 4 separate pay pal charges on my account ($600+ all together) i'm finished with pay pal. Now us bank is another story i've been transferred over 10 times with in the past 20 minutes.

so i guess my question is has anyone actually lost any money through pay pal because of this shit ?

on top of that i have to return a $600 e-drum kit that doesn't work what a shit day >:(

Never had anything through Pay Pal before, but my wife and I had out bank accounts hacked and drained of nearly $7k. It was the money we had gotten as wedding gifts, and we found out on our honeymoon, on her birthday.

We ended up getting it all back a few weeks later, it sucked at the time though.

My buddy caught somebody trying to scam his Paypal account. He logged in one day and noticed that the balance was really high, and he never carries a balance. So he changed his password and filed a hack complaint with Paypal, and somehow ended up keeping the money added by the hacker!!

This was a couple years ago and I don't remember the details exactly but it was hilarious.

I never keep a balance in Paypal, but once I signed in and saw some weird charge or transfer of around $12 that I didn't recognize and had a weird description, so I canceled it and changed my password. Never really knew what it was, but the money didn't come out of my account in the end. I guess I should have looked into that.

wow, I've never heard/read anything about stuff like this happening. Is it safe to assume the hackers somehow got the users password and that's how they were able to get the $$$ out?

I guess it's more important to change your password regularly on those sites than I thought before.

Yeah, paypal accounts get hacked quite often. It is such a largely used service, that there are tons of phishing attempts, and hacks on it.

My buddy caught somebody trying to scam his Paypal account. He logged in one day and noticed that the balance was really high, and he never carries a balance. So he changed his password and filed a hack complaint with Paypal, and somehow ended up keeping the money added by the hacker!!

This was a couple years ago and I don't remember the details exactly but it was hilarious.

[image]

"That sounds like one of them good problems"

i ended up getting the charges reversed with in the same day !

also note hudson's story well, raped mine I couldn't fathom having that happen to me.

I was telling someone this story yesterday at work and he informed me that the insurance co that we get through work sent him a letter one day. We are sorry to inform you that we've sold your info including address,social,ect to various companies. to show our apology we will be giving you 2 years free of fraud monitoring. WTF is that ?