Thank God for garage sales!

Thanks dudes

The speakers sound fantastic. I'm going to have to do some adjusting with the receiver, but nothing major. $40 for a set of solid Sansuis is a great deal imo.

not bad.

i wouldn't have payed more than that.

how do the speakers sound?

also, you can resize your images in photobucket edited.

My aunt was talking about having a garage sale on Facebook so I casually ask if she has any vinyl she wants to give me. Not only does she have about 200 LPs to give me, but my other aunt chimed in an she has a crate for me too. Then my cousin tells me that I've had two crates of my old albums from high school, that I thought were lost long ago, sitting at her house. Not sure about the quality or condition they are all in, but I can't wait to go through them all to find out. Best.Vinyl.Day.Ever

My aunt was talking about having a garage sale on Facebook so I casually ask if she has any vinyl she wants to give me. Not only does she have about 200 LPs to give me, but my other aunt chimed in an she has a crate for me too. Then my cousin tells me that I've had two crates of my old albums from high school, that I thought were lost long ago, sitting at her house. Not sure about the quality or condition they are all in, but I can't wait to go through them all to find out. Best.Vinyl.Day.Ever

wooo!!

now THIS sounds like a fun day!

nothing better than getting back personal shit that you thought was long gone.

im assuming your aunts is going to be 80s pop or older, thrift store material, but you have a cool aunt theres no telling whats in there.

I know. Mine are the ones I am really interested in but I am assuming the large collection would be a combo of 60s and 70s stuff from my aunt (they were hippies) and late 70s and 80s stuff from my cousins stuff. (They had good taste in music and were just a little older than me). The crate from my other aunt is actually my mom's old stuff that she stored there. Probably Beatles, Marvin Gaye, The Band etc.

I'm so excited, I can't sit still at work. I'm picking up some of it tonight.

Nothing sucks more than getting your hopes up only to have them dashed. The large number of albums turned out to be over 1000 78s. Surprisingly the majority were all taken care of for the most part. (wrapped in plastic and in books). I can't play them, nor do I want them. Not sure if it's worth my time to go through to see if any are all that collectable. I will check a few books and see what kind of value they hold. Unless I see some good prices on my random examples they will go on Craigslist for a week until my dumpster comes for our house crap purge.

My albums that we're supposed to be there were my cousins. There were a few pretty good pieces there in excellent shape. I got this old picture disk version of Michael Jackson - Thriller, I bunch of Pearl Jam, a BLUE 7" of The Beatles - Hey Jude and a few other things that will make it in my collection.

My moms albums were arguably the most disappointing. She did not respect the vinyl. A lot of them either lost their inner sleeves and were just sitting in there naked or the inner sleeve was there but it wasn't in it. There were several that we're on my want list that I thought I had but upon further inspection had huge deep scratches carved into them. One that was most disappointing was Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run. My nostalgia moment was finding my Sesame Street Fever album from when I was 6 years old. That may have been the first album I owned.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice !!! Love those speakers!

I get almost all my items at yard sales. Picked up a Marantz 4400 and Sony PX70 with speakers and carts for $40, all working! Sold the speakers for $100, went record shopping, made money out of my setup purchase!

Last weekend I got a pair of DCM Timeframe TF600 hi-fi speakers in perfect condition for only $20. Not to mention the 20 other pairs of great speakers I've gotten. Yard sale finds often go to eBay for huge profits!