The Dear Hunter The Color Spectrum : The Complete

Alchemy Index isn't in a slipcase for one.

I'm think it'll be similar AI in that it'll be a hardbound book but with a slipcase. If you people remember Alchemy was originally suppose to be handmade hardbound book so no telling what that was suppose to mean.

I meant a record similar to CS, not AI, so i could see what it looked like to get a rough guess as to how it'll come out

I own every variant of every TDH record. I couldn't pass this up

they dont exactly have a sprawling discography of variants.

I know, but I'm sure over time it will get to that point, so as much as it sucked to buy an $80 record twice, I would have regretted it later. No doubt these will go for a lot on eBay even with the repress

I think that those of us who collect variants are justified in being upset that this press is rarer and different enough from the first press to justify another (expensive) purchase. This repress seems tailor-made to exploit us.

That said, I am glad that this is available to anyone who missed it the first time around.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy every variant of every record they like. I think they have simply had so many people who missed out on the first press up their ass about a repress that they decided to make it available again. Its definitely a risky business venture for them and I don't think they have any intent to exploit anyone. In fact, it seems that they're intention is to make this set available to people who have 0 copies of it. I personally think second press packaging will be better than the first press just because that box feels a bit fragile at the opening joint. Based on the way this one is being described it sounds like it will be sturdier. My only gripe is that they've decided to make the box better and I have an edition with a less sturdy box to contain the records. I will live though. ;)