The Dear Hunter The Color Spectrum : The Complete

Anything that is in demand should be pressed and re-pressed until there's no more demand for it.

exactly. not only does this make sense in that the band and label continue to make money versus letting flippers make huge profits on ebay, but it also makes simple business sense. with the music industry "hurting" i still fail to understand why anyone releases anything as "limited".

i think that the model that travis/hot topic has been using with the thrice represses as of late is brilliant. press 1000, if they sell, press 1000 more. it seems like a no brainer. people get to own records that they want, band makes money, label makes money.

i suppose because i am not a variant collector it doesn't bother me to have things remain in print with the possibility that each press is a different color/package/etc.

back on topic...ordered. i didn't order this the first time around, and i didn't need it, but i couldn't pass it up this time.

I think that those of us who collect variants are justified in being upset that this press is rarer and different enough from the first press to justify another (expensive) purchase. This repress seems tailor-made to exploit us.

Shit logic. I wish all labels adopted the No Idea model and just fleeced all the idiots who feel he "need" to buy every variant.

I think that those of us who collect variants are justified in being upset that this press is rarer and different enough from the first press to justify another (expensive) purchase. This repress seems tailor-made to exploit us.

Obviously. They have to be aware that hundreds of people are collecting every variant by The Dear Hunter.

If only people collected that Brand New band so we could get a Deja repress.