Stupid TT Questions Thread

I know I have some stupid questions and I don't want to crowd the board with them so I figured all of the noob questions can go here to be answered by VC pros. Make sure you quote the question if you provide an answer.

I'll start off: Are there really any slip-mats that DISCHARGE static? Not just stopping the creation of new static, getting rid of what is already there. Do antistatic guns work?

I'll start off: Are there really any slip-mats that DISCHARGE static? Not just stopping the creation of new static, getting rid of what is already there. Do antistatic guns work?

I've heard of those slipmats, but don't know if they work. The antistatic gun does work though, and it's a worthwhile investment.

I've heard of those slipmats, but don't know if they work. The antistatic gun does work though, and it's a worthwhile investment.

How would the antistatic gun even work?

How would the antistatic gun even work?

http://www.2spi.com/catalog/photo/zerostat.shtml

This explains it. Basically it uses ions "from two powerful piezoelectric crystals". If you search around you might be able to get it cheaper but with no real way to quantify how much use one of these has gone through so I wouldn't recommend going used. I'm pretty sure there is earlier models that are cheaper.

i have a feeling i'm doing something completely idiotic. i've had this problem with 2 consecutive receivers.

sound cuts out on left side when i'm listening to records or my ipod. jiggling the volume control fixes it temporarily. my speakers are 6ohm and have a 200watt max (but says recommended is 100watt).