help with speaker set up

First, I am aware this might be a very stupid question but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

This is my 2nd turntable but I have no idea what to do with it... I got it from a friend's dad who didn't want it anymore, and I picked up some random speakers at a flea market so I'm not entirely sure how it works yet.

Anyway... am i plugging the speakers in at the wrong spot, do I need a different hook up? the plugs fit loosely but they are not tight, and there is no sound from them at all.

sorry about the shitty picture but my roommate's cat wouldn't get out of my face and this was the best I could do.

15ed8xz.jpg

okay so now I turn it over and see that there is something caught in one of the speaker holes.

any advice on how to get it out? already tried tweezers.

1zb8c41.jpg

The cables at the bottom of the picture are the speaker cables I'm assuming? Looks like they're active, not passive. You should be able to plug them directly into the same red/white plugs on the back of the turntable (the TT should have red/white RCA Hookups).. As for the stuck piece in the receiver, I would give it up if tweezers/plyers don't work, especially if u can bypass the receiver with the active speakers.. If the thing pictured is your actual turntable and not the receiver, it's clear why your friends dad wanted to get rid of it (plug stuck In the back). It's hard for me to tell if it's a receiver or turntable in the picture though