Pro-Ject Debut III vs Carbon?

Yes, definitely. The tonearm alone is worth it, not to mention they give you an Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge, which alone costs an additional $100 (and it is a pretty damn nice cartridge for the price). They also upgraded the motor mounting (which is awesome since the motor mounting sucked on the debut). If I didn't already own a debut iii I would be all over a carbon.

Yeah I

you and i are in the same boat, OP. well, if i had any money we would be. have my heart set on the carbon when my finances recover.

Yeah, I am planning on getting the Carbon myself. I was recently rear ended while driving, but the damage is extremely minimal. With a total estimate coming out to more than I imagined, I believe that I am going to skip the repair and put some money into my pocket with some of that going into a Carbon because the cartridge on my "non replaceable cartridge turntable" just died and I'm in desperate need of a new TT.

After giving it a long thought i made the decision to buy the Pro-Ject Debut III but wanted to see the turntable in person, i wanted to upgrade with an acrylic platter and 2M cardridge, the shop owner showed me the Pro-Ject Debut III Carbon Esprit which was exacly how i wanted it to be, costed me 399 euro.

I am super happy with this Carbon Esprit version it sounds awesome!

If you get the carbon get the one with the built in preamp because the preamp being built in is supposedly the 150$ pro-ject preamp which comes highly recommended by all of my friends and it's only 100 added in so you save 50$ and its convenient. If I'm wrong someone can feel free to correct me, I didn't read anything official this is just what I've heard.

Basically: Save your money and get a carbon with the built in preamp. You won't regret it.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked this question in another thread but if it gets answered anywhere it will probably be here....

Anybody use the Q Up with a Project Debut Carbon? It looks like a pretty reasonable "non-automatic" fix, but the website shows some crazy hack you have to do to make it work with the Project.

thanks

• 1 month later...

anyone know the cheapest place to buy a carbon? I havent seen anything under 399. also was wondering if the dust covers for this are really 100 bucks?

They just released it, I doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere until maybe xmas sales. Plus some stores still have the regular debut they are trying to offload.