New Color Vinyl for Glass Candy/Chromatics/Desire - IDIB

42 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

I lucked out and they sent me Drumless, After Dark, Symmetry's the Magician, and a Karah single, all for free.

So one LP, one 45 rpm 12 inch, a 45 rpm 12 inch EP, and a CD comp. Amazing label!!!!

None were really that beat up, just had minor seam splits.

Damn that's a good haul!

No fucking way...  Entered the giveaway for a copy of Chromatics - Drumless and they sent me all of this.  Makes me wonder if they sent me the Symmetry release cause I've ordered 2 other Symmetry releases from them. 

Either way.  Super excited to get these.  I never "win" stuff like this.

IMG_0707_zpsf9epthkf.jpg

Edited by FiggyPuddling

Let's face it, Johnny knows he's taking in losses when he does this awesome stuff. They literally gave out copies of After Dark 2 on vinyl and were signing them all night long after an epic LA show. He must make some huge amount of dough from either some crazy fashion deal or the Drive money is still kicking in. Goes to show how awesome he and the label are.

Edited by Vector53

• 4 weeks later...

from FB:

Over the last few years, we've been adding to an ever increasing stock of records that the pressing plants & shipping companies have slightly damaged in transit. the vinyl platters are in perfect shape, but the covers are a little bent. stay tuned to this page as every wednesday around 10 am...we will have a different title sent to your doorstep for free. today's mail is chromatics' "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" 12 inch on ultra clear.

email us with this subject line in all caps:
"THE PHONE RINGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:
your current shipping address in the email

we only have 318 copies...
winners are chosen on a first come first serve basis.
we ship throughout the galaxy.
good luck & thank you for listening.
xo
johnny jewel

• 2 weeks later...

today's giveaway

Over the last few years, we've been adding to an ever increasing stock of records that the pressing plants & shipping companies have slightly damaged in transit. the vinyl platters are in perfect shape, but the covers are a little bent. stay tuned to this page as every wednesday around 10 am...we will have a different title sent to your doorstep for free. today's mail is Desire's self titled debut LP on cosmic clear, bubble gum, and opaque magenta.

email us with this subject line in all caps:

"I SPEND MY DAYS...WORKING FOR SOMETHING"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:

we only have 251 copies...
xo
johnny jewel

Edited by axotyl

today's giveaway:

Over the last few years, we've been adding to an ever increasing stock of records that the pressing plants & shipping companies have slightly damaged in transit. the vinyl platters are in perfect shape, but the covers are a little bent. stay tuned to this page as every wednesday around 10 am...we will have a different title sent to your doorstep for free. today's mail is Chromatics' "In The City" LP on a variety of colors.

"AT NIGHT I WAKE UP WITH THE SHEETS SOAKING WET...& A FREIGHT TRAIN RUNNING THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF MY HEAD"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:

we only have 309 copies...
xo
johnny jewel

I havent gotten any of these yet.

I was blaming the slow international postal system but now I am sure I wont get them.

Friends in the states who got a notification from me about the contest already received their parcels weeks ago.

Hopefully I will score one at some point.

I was wondering why he was doing this but I think the switch to a new warehouse must have been the reason 

20663847_1612473885437689_27219527420206

Edited by trickster

29 minutes ago, trickster said:

I havent gotten any of these yet.

I was blaming the slow international postal system but now I am sure I wont get them.

Same here, I was always fairly quick entering into the contest, but probably I ran out of luck. It would still be pretty rad to get one of those packages over here one day!

Also, that picture is really cool. They must be moving tons of records, and I definitely don't begrudge it to them.

todays give away:

This week's post is a few minutes early because I have to catch a flight with Ruth & Megan Louise. Over the last few years, we've been adding to an ever increasing stock of records that the pressing plants & shipping companies have slightly damaged in transit. the vinyl platters are in perfect shape, but the covers are a little bent. stay tuned to this page as every wednesday around 10 am...we will have a different title sent to your doorstep for free. today's mail is Chromatics' "Running From The Sun" LP.

"I SPENT NIGHTS DRIVING IN CIRCLES...ALONE ON THE BEACH"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:

we only have 244 copies...
xo
johnny jewel

posters for todays giveaway

It's really cool to have found these rare glossy posters still in their mailing tubes from 2012 & 2013. We have a mix of giant "After Dark 2" & "Kill For Love" cinema posters. They are being shipped out randomly rolled into tubes. We have no idea of knowing which one you will get.

"BEAUTIFUL OBJECTS TRUE...I HANG THEM FROM THE WALLS & CEILINGS"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:

we only have 112 posters...
xo
johnny jewel

21192876_1634032523281825_81687026080056