New Color Vinyl for Glass Candy/Chromatics/Desire - IDIB

Definitely glad to see VC supporting these guys still. They do good work. And as such, there is much to be looking forward to in the near future as Pitchfork has posted this article today:

Chromatics have announced Dear Tommy, the follow up to 2012's Kill for Love. That's the cover above. It'll be out "in time for Valentine's Day" (a set date hasn't been announced) viaItalians Do It Better. Check out the tracklist below; that's the album cover, above. The version of "Cherry" that appears on the album is "similar" to the one that appeared on After Dark 2, though the version of "Camera" is different.

This isn't the only project Johnny Jewel has in the pipeline, though. Glass Candy's albumBody Work and Symmetry's Still Life are also in the works. Jewel's soundtrack for Ryan Gosling's film Lost River will also be released on Italians Do It Better next year. 

A Chromatics/Glass Candy tour is shaping up for summer 2015.

Recently, Jewel has been sharing several of the group's rarities on his personal Soundcloud. We've seen a reworked version of "These Streets Will Never Look the Same""White Light", Chromatics' "I Can't Keep Running" (an alternate version of "Cherry")Chromatics' cover of the pop standard "Blue Moon"an eight-track version of Chromatics' "At Your Door", and a track under his own name, "The Last Dance". He's also shared a demo version of Chromatics' "Shadow", an alternate version of Chromatics' "Birds of Paradise" called "Birds of Prey", and Johnny Jewel solo instrumentals "End Credits" and "Mr. Midnight".

Dear Tommy:

01 Fresh Blood
02 In Films
03 Time Rider
04 I Can Never Be Myself When You're Around
05 Cherry
06 She Says
07 Just Like You
08 4 A.M.
09 Teacher
10 Camera
11 Dear Tommy
12 Touch Blue
13 After Hours
14 Shadows
15 In Silence
16 Colorblind
17 Endless Sleep

I don't know about you guys, but I'm so pumped. There's apparently gonna be something going down on Valentine's Day in LA. Crossing fingers for a IDIB show!

• 4 weeks later...

They really do stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap.

I agree. Just waiting for the Tommy pre-order that will probably go up in late Jan. I could just end up waiting it out for that Feb 14. show and see if they have it then but we'll see.

everything sold out already, damn. always ridiculous how much they sell

They'll always repress them though. It'll be in different color as well I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, just from reading the last few pages there is much talk of these products being sold out. On the Italians Do It Better site they have

• Chromatics - Running from the Sun on Cherry Semi Clear Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Night Drive 2xLP on Electric Night Drive Blue Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Tick of the Clock (Signed) 12"
  • Chromatics - Drumless on Electric Mint Opaque Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Kill For Love 2xLP on Ivory Vinyl

All listed as "Coming Soon" is this correct or have these already sold out?

I was wondering, just from reading the last few pages there is much talk of these products being sold out. On the Italians Do It Better site they have

• Chromatics - Running from the Sun on Cherry Semi Clear Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Night Drive 2xLP on Electric Night Drive Blue Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Tick of the Clock (Signed) 12"
  • Chromatics - Drumless on Electric Mint Opaque Vinyl
  • Chromatics - Kill For Love 2xLP on Ivory Vinyl

All listed as "Coming Soon" is this correct or have these already sold out?

A lot of those are sold out. However - new presses are on their way.

Damn, never heard of these guys until like 2 days ago.. Thought I could buy the whole thing in the next couple days. haha

They are really good at keeping everything (except some of the obscure singles) in print.

And the prices will make you want it all even more. Probably the single best prices from a label.

They are really good at keeping everything (except some of the obscure singles) in print.

And the prices will make you want it all even more. Probably the single best prices from a label.

Yeah, looking at the pricing I thought it was too good to be true. That is amazing. Ill have to patiently wait for the new issues. 

Thanks for the information gkersey

For those who care or aren't aware, Chromatics has been around since like 2K2 and have some killer Gold Standard Labs LP's that should not be discounted.

You can find Chrone Rats & plaster Hounds on discogs for like 10 dollars. But those records are more post punk and angsty, still sick.

For my money, Chromatics is one of the best bands that ever was... And they have evolved into a behemoth since Johnny jewel joined.

Can't wait for dear tommy!

I've received so many copies of After Dark 2 on CD from them that I started giving them out to people who come over to my place.

Ha, I also got one with almost every order I put in so far.

The great thing about the bunch of posters wasn't only that they were there. They also protected the records from sliding around on their way to Germany - no seam splits!