John Nolan - Height (The Acoustic Sessions)

Originally recorded as bonus tracks to accompany the release of "Height" and never officially released to the public, The Acoustic Sessions offers eight cuts of Nolan with not much more than a guitar and a keyboard. Its sparse arrangements highlight Nolan's introspective lyrics, catchy melodies and distinct vocal style, succeeding in its goal of breathing new life into familiar songs. This record is essential for fans of Nolan's work both past and present.

The pressing info is below:
Half Green, Half Peach (/100)
Peach (/150)
Green (/250)

Also available for this release are one-of-a-kind test presses. Each test is accompanied by a jacket hand drawn by LP design artist Jeff Versoi. Blending ideas submitted by fans with his own style, each jacket promises to be something special. Only FIFTEEN of these test presses exist.

BUY IT HERE

SIDE A:
Tit It's Done To Death
I Don't Believe You
Screaming Into The Wind
It Takes A Long Time

SIDE B:
Here I Am
Not To Let Go
I Won't Ever Be There
Keep Calm And Carry On

I have an autographed John Nolan pick. Who's the biggest John Nolan fan here? Not looking to sell it - you can offer to drop a couple bucks in the cup of the homeless guy down the street, pledge to shovel your elderly neighbors driveway next winter or just go and be an awesome person in some other way.

No catch. It's wasted on me. PM me and I'll draw a winner later and mail it to you gratis. I have no intention of highjacking this thread or Mike's work but I want to pass this on.

This is incredible!! I actually met John yesterday. Seriously the nicest guy- he autographed a few things, took a picture with me and chatted for a little while. The first time I heard his acoustic session at Looney Tunes I was so bummed to hear it wasn't available on vinyl. That man has the voice of a goddamn angel. The first time I heard him live/acoustic had a camera up and seriously ended up taking zero pictures since I was too entranced with his voice.

So glad you're putting this out!

//end fangirl babbling

Not to go off topic or anything, but I really can't wait for his split with Mansions.

Me either, I don't know what the deal with it is but I offered to do it. Whoever is putting it of together is someone associated with Mansions though so I'm out of luck. Not sure when it's coming.

It's cool that you're hooking Jane up, Dave. You're a good dude.

Let's talk variants. I've got a list of a few ideas but share your ideas...

Dave is the best!!

As for variants- please, for the sake of my wallet limit the variants to two. As much as I swear up and down that I'm done with variants, I really don't think I could resist on this release. I'm a pretty big fan of split colors. I have way too many records that are advertised as "marbled" but you have to hold it up to the light and stand on one leg to be able to see the tiny bit of marbling.

Honestly though, I'm sure whatever you do will be cool... But I don't care what it looks like because I'm so freaken excited to listen to it.

So basically, the only reason I'm writing is to bump this because this should always be on the front page IMO.