Fucked Up

kyle

OK, so I just got into these guys this past Sunday when my friend told me to buy Year of the Pig at Amoeba. I'm in love. I don't know how I missed them. Anyways, I've been looking around and it seems the only discography I can find of theirs is on Wikipedia, can any diehard FU fans let me know if this is complete and accurate? Which of these are still available at reasonable prices (and even better, where can I find them) and which ones will I have to drop big bucks on. Their catalog is so large, I'm simply confused.

2002 Demo tape (self-released)

2002 No Pasaran 7" (Deranged Records)

2003 Police 7" (Deranged Records)

2003 Baiting the Public 7" (Deranged Records)

2003 Dance of Death 7" (Deranged Records)

2004 Litany 7" EP (Test Pattern Records, repressed on Havoc in 2006)

2004 Epics in Minutes CD (Deranged Records)

2004 Let Likes be Cured by Likes 12" (Schizophrenic Records)

2004 Split with Haymaker 7" (Deep Six Records)

2004 Looking for Gold 12" (self-released)

2005 Dangerous Fumes 7" (fake version, self-released)

2005 Generation 7" (Slasher Records)

2005 Generation 12" (Slasher Records)

2005 Mix Tape Volume One cassette tape (Hidden World/Deranged Records)

2005 Litany + 1 12" (Test Pattern)

2005 Black Cross 7" (Burning Sensation)

2005 Black Army 7" (Burning Sensation)

2006 Fucked Up Tape cassette tape (Harsh Brutal Cold Productions - reissued by Trujaca Fala Records in 2007)

2006 Triumph of Life 7" (Peter Bower Records / Vice Records UK)

2006 Triumph of Life 3 song CD (Go Down Fighting Records / Vice Records]] UK)

2006 Dangerous Fumes 7" (Deranged Records)

2006 Two Snakes 7" (Israel only)

2006 Hidden World 2xLP (Deranged Records) /CD (Jade Tree Records)

2006 Dangerous Fumes 7" (Hate Records; German Edition)

2006 Mix Tape Volume II cassette tape (Deranged Records)

2006 Year of the Dog 12" (Blocks Recording Club)

2006 Dolly Mixture 7" (Fucked Up Records) - two covers of Dolly Mixture

2006 Shop Assistants 7" (Fucked Up Records) - two covers of The Shop Assistants

2006 Humos Peligrosos 7" (La Vida es un Mus)

2007 Hoxton Cunts 7" (bootleg, fake record)

2007 "Two Snakes" 7" (tour release)

2007 "Hidden World" 8 Track (Welfare Records)

2007 Year of the Pig 12" (What's Your Rupture?)

There have been a few more recent releases that your list is missing (including my holy grail) but they're all totally unavailable.

Some of the new stuff you have listed is available, especially Hidden World and represses of Let Likes...

Also, it's worth noting that Year of the Pig is a bit of a departure for FU.

Also, it's worth noting that Year of the Pig is a bit of a departure for FU.

Yeah, I've noticed that. I've heard some of the older stuff and I like most of it. I think that some of the earliest stuff won't appeal to me right away, but it all sounds pretty good.

BTW, whats your holy grail?

I just put in an order with a new distro who has a ton of fucked up stuff. I even ordered a few cassettes to see if anyone wants them. Should hopefully have that stuff in by week's end.

i've seen this band so many times and just cant seem to get into them as much as a lot of my friends.. i have a few 7"s though. a lot of the single 7"s are still widely avaialbe. some youre gonna have to drop some loot on though.

i went to the fucked up/cold world halloween show last year and they had some show only vinyl (shop assistants 7", dolly mixtures 7") and sold them together for 75$.. not sure if stuff still goes for that much. check ebay actually, a friend of mine is selling those 2 7"s he got at that show. good luck with that collection...

i've seen this band so many times and just cant seem to get into them as much as a lot of my friends.. i have a few 7"s though. a lot of the single 7"s are still widely avaialbe. some youre gonna have to drop some loot on though.

i went to the fucked up/cold world halloween show last year and they had some show only vinyl (shop assistants 7", dolly mixtures 7") and sold them together for 75$.. not sure if stuff still goes for that much. check ebay actually, a friend of mine is selling those 2 7"s he got at that show. good luck with that collection...

just in case anyone was thinking of buying the 2 FU records... they end in a few hours:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZterrribleone85

ATTENTION RECORD NERDS: do not try to get everything from this band.. way too tough.. fun, but a lost cause. Meanwhile I'm sitting here trying to finish my hot water music collection, so maybe I'm not one to talk

I've already decided I'm not going to geek out on these guys and pay ridiculous amounts of money for OOP 7"s and such. I'm going to pick up whatever remaining in print records I don't have and call it a day.

• 2 weeks later...