PO: Dads - American Radass (this is important)

It's not their responsibility to replace it. I'm sure it didn't leave that way. Of course you'd have a compelling argument if yours shipped like Juan's.

I agree in a way. Lately it's been miserably hot and I've been getting a few warped records unfortunately. I have contacted labels but just to let them know...I approach it not asking for replacement b/c I know it's not their responsibility to do so. Which I am fine with.

Yes, it's annoying and frustrating to get a record so warped due to the heat that it's unplayable. But unless the record is all jacked-up due to improper packaging, then it's not on the label. I contacted Flannel Gurl about my situation and they promptly replied apologizing for what happened. They had run out of LP mailers and opted to use the bubble mailers with cardboard to still get the records out to people. In a way that's fine of them because they don't want to delay the records out to folks...but I'm of the mindset that it's OK to take a little longer to send out if you're waiting on getting more LP mailers. And they will send me a replacement jacket...which is mighty standup of them...once they get LP mailers. :lol:

And going back to the summer heat lately...I found this to be the best disclaimer from a label in regards to their mail order:

Note: IT’S SUMMER AND IT’S HOT OUT. There is a possibility (depending on your location) that the record could become slightly warped due to the heat. If you purchase this record you are doing so at that risk. We will not be able to refund you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Flannel Gurl Records decided to put up 3 copies of the most limited variant of the first pressing of this record. I think one is already gone. Get it before it's gone!

http://flannelgurl.bigcartel.com/product/dads-american-radass-this-is-important-12-inch-1st-pressing

Edit: Didn't even notice the absurd price tag....what the heck are they thinking??? So now labels flipping their own product is cool? haha sheesh...

God forbid a record label makes a profit on their records.

I'm not saying it's bad for them to make profits obviously. I am saying they should treat their customers fairly equally rather than trying to milk a bunch of money out of 3 people in an ebay flipper fashion. If they wanted to make a legitimate profit they could have simply charged a few more bucks to buy this record, or not put it on sale for $10 bucks a piece only 4 months after its release. I am simply saying there is a right way and a wrong way for a record label to make a profit. Labels like Topshelf and No Sleep put limited release leftovers up on ebay, but at least in that situation the market can determine the fair price for sale. This situation is no different from putting the record up on ebay with a BIN price of $50, which I think is in poor taste for anyone, especially a record label, to do. Seems most people on this thread agree with that.

I'm not saying it's bad for them to make profits obviously. I am saying they should treat their customers fairly equally rather than trying to milk a bunch of money out of 3 people in an ebay flipper fashion. If they wanted to make a legitimate profit they could have simply charged a few more bucks to buy this record, or not put it on sale for $10 bucks a piece only 4 months after its release. I am simply saying there is a right way and a wrong way for a record label to make a profit. Labels like Topshelf and No Sleep put limited release leftovers up on ebay, but at least in that situation the market can determine the fair price for sale. This situation is no different from putting the record up on ebay with a BIN price of $50, which I think is in poor taste for anyone, especially a record label, to do. Seems most people on this thread agree with that.

It's only $10 because of their Black Friday sale. Everything in their store is marked down. I do agree that it is pretty shitty they are doing this. This is my AOTY but I wouldn't pay $50 for any album that's in print. Just disregard the blue swirl copies and pick up the second press.

I don't understand how it's shitty of them at all to do this. The album is in print and available for $10, and they put up three copies of the first press up for $50. If you just want the album, buy it for $10. Flannel Gurl put their price for the blue variant and if you want to pay $50 for it you can have it. The only people this harms is the collector scum who need every variant.

Since the last time I checked, they sold at least one at $50, and now it's sold out with the price at $20, so I think Flannel Gurl wins this round.

I don't understand how it's shitty of them at all to do this. The album is in print and available for $10, and they put up three copies of the first press up for $50. If you just want the album, buy it for $10. Flannel Gurl put their price for the blue variant and if you want to pay $50 for it you can have it. The only people this harms is the collector scum who need every variant.

Since the last time I checked, they sold at least one at $50, and now it's sold out with the price at $20, so I think Flannel Gurl wins this round.

Agree to disagree. I say they lose for caving in and lowering it to essentially retail price. I would be pretty pissed off if I was the dude who paid 50 for one and if I had just waited I would have been able to get it for $30 cheaper. Seems even more unfair than before if you ask me.