Is dead format.........dead?

Definitely!

Seems like a moron nest...never seen that many douches on a forum!

However, I have to say that I use the tradelist option over there...would immediately delete my account when there's a similar option over here! :)

Really? Saying that on this site? Anytime there's a Blink182 or Brand New thread, I remember why I prefer DF.

Now, DF has been super slow lately, but the tradelist/pressing information is worth the site alone. The new audio subforum here has given me reasons to post here more, but... that's it.

Also, call Nick a douche all you want, but don't forget about VC in the day. Beer Trolley anyone? How many people were banned over pictures? How about Deathwish Inc's issues with VC? Gift certificates? The list goes on. I'm not saying Nick is innocent by any means, but this site is no different.

VC should have its own record pressing info page, and have granted users access to update it.

I started working on my own like a year ago to test my webdev skills but I haven't done much work on it in forever.

www.jacobraccuia.com/records/

if you search brand new, you can see how it would work with data. I know the info isn't correct.. and do yourself a favor and don't look at it in IE.

Is he though? He's called out plenty. Read through these threads about him. I don't think anyone considers him "best dude ever".

http://deadformat.ne...me=&search_go=1

The jest of what I got is that he sold shirts, hoodies, and what not to people and never followed through. Am I correct or is there more to it than what I am able to gather from skimming through the threads.

Is he though? He's called out plenty. Read through these threads about him. I don't think anyone considers him "best dude ever".

http://deadformat.ne...me=&search_go=1

You're right, I remember seeing many threads regarding this, but from what I remember most of them turned into a joke a few posts in. I admit, I was exagerating with the "best dude ever" comment, but I still feel that he's generally not as hated as virgil was. I'm in no way saying that what they did is comparable because I don't know the full story in both cases, but personally I've had nothing but great experiences dealing with VC, while my first DF order was shipped 3 or 4 months late after constant messages, and I never received a refund for my second one (the release that never happened).

Discogs layout is fucking terrible for a modern website. I stay away from it purely because of it. There is no excuse to have a website that bad in 2012.

I don't think any designers work there, just the development team. Who apparently think because they can offer ALL these feature easily, they should. No idea how to structure our content and information properly, let alone design anything.

Sorry, I hate that site.

I don't think any designers work there, just the development team. Who apparently think because they can offer ALL these feature easily, they should. No idea how to structure our content and information properly, let alone design anything.

Sorry, I hate that site.

As a web developer, Discogs has always been a site that is hard for me to look at. Yeah, they have tons of good information, but the structure and interface of the site is pretty terrible. I'd love to be able to help them build a new site.

Guest deathbydrums

i've heard it before and honestly don't understand how some people find discogs unappealing or difficult to use. when i look at deadformat i think "outdated" and pretty crappy looking. maybe it's because i never used deadformat, but i think discogs is awesome! it's specific AND easy to find stuff!

Yeah, I love Discogs, if you are looking for an obscure EU press of an album or an album that was overseas only it is relatively easy to find and then compare prices to purchase the record. Once you get the hang of adding submissions to the database it becomes really fun. Plus you can get email alerts to when albums you want come up for sale which is my favorite part.

As a web developer, Discogs has always been a site that is hard for me to look at. Yeah, they have tons of good information, but the structure and interface of the site is pretty terrible. I'd love to be able to help them build a new site.

Yep. Also didn't mean to imply developers aren't capable of producing something better.

I'm a designer by trade so it offends me equally.