3rd Wave Preservation Society Ska Reissue Kickstarter II

Just a big bummer to me that other asbestos releases announced far after this are going to come out before this does. Nothing against Flood or Justin, they are awesome dudes, but just makes me feel like this whole thing got put on the back burner.

Maybe we'll get them by the end of the year...

ok yes we're super bummed that this has taken so long... but you're talking out your ass here.

#1 the work on the kickstarter project started 10 days after the project completed, and we had funds in hand. We had to work with out artist to recreate all the artwork from the cds because art files no longer existed for any of these albums. If you know anything about graphic design you know how much a bitch it is to have to  scan something and blow it up 3x the size and not look like shit. Secondly we waited on bands to get us the bonus tracks for the records, Get all of this processed broken down and into the queue to have lacquers made. we then had to approve lacquers, and wait for the test presses, which got delayed quite a bit. We put down deposits and approved tests a very long time ago. For some reason the plant re-requested the label files long after we assumed the records were in the queue for completion. We know have an estimated shipdate to us from the plant for early August.

Now you're assumption that  we just pulled the Bosstones out of our ass... this project had been under way since we released the Sum 41 album last summer. We also happened to use another plant, and because it was a major label project, it got handled by the rep that services the major accounts... which despite what any plant is telling you, get much better service and turnaround then us small operations.  Another Major difference is you pledged for the Kickstarter up to 30 days before it even closed, and then work began on the project... whereas I posted the Bosstones PO after we had test presses on the way to us.

Maybe I wouldn't have to "talk out my ass" if you would just post an update on the kickstarter page, dude. 

When did I ever insinuate that you pulled the Bosstones release out of your ass? Obviously something of that magnitude would take a while to put together. All I said was that it was announced far after the kickstarter, which is true, and that it's coming out before the kickstarter records, which is also true.

You guys are the one who set the estimated arrival date on the KS page for November 2012. If all of the stuff you said is so blatently obvious that it goes without saying, maybe you shouldn't have set such high expectations for getting it done so quickly.

Thanks for the update on here anyway, now there's probably hundreds of other people who pledged, who don't post on here, that would probably appreciate the same courtesy.

From today's Kickstarter update:

Hey folks,

I'll be preparing the the survey today to send out for any address updates for the final shipments. We should have the records in a few weeks, then we'll need a little bit of time to assemble things and then pack all the orders up.

Sorry about all the delays, the plant has been backed up to an astonishing degree, I also moved in April, then we got robbed and then I had a family member in the hospital...it's been a bumpy year. Which is no real excuse - letting drama from life affect the label goings on - but given that we run these businesses in addition to a day job, it sometimes becomes unavoidable to have these things derailing what we do in our "free time", but I'm definitely to blame for some of the delays because of said drama. Sorry about that.

We'll have a shipping date of all the records coming to us in a few days. So I'll keep you posted on that once we have an actual ship date from the plant for all 5 releases, just rest assured we're on track to have the records ship ASAP.

Hooray!!

• 3 weeks later...

via Facebook:

This just in! They Might Be Giants - John Henry 2xLP, The Slackers - IWC, and The Bruce Lee Band- s/t shipping from the plant next week! Stubborn All-Stars - back with a new batch the following week! hope to have more updates this afternoon!

FINALLY!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just sent the guys a change of address... Hope they get it seeing as I've gotten no response to any of my other emails from Asbestos that I've been emailing them for about 3 months about...

I emailed a change of address recently also. Didn't get a reply, so I pm'd Flood on here with the same info. He replied back saying it is updated, so I'd try that if I were you.

I emailed a change of address recently also. Didn't get a reply, so I pm'd Flood on here with the same info. He replied back saying it is updated, so I'd try that if I were you.

Yeah I've had plenty of luck PMing Flood on here. But I've also never tried emailing them directly and my PMs had nothing to do with these releases. Good luck!