Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

16 hours ago, hype said:

Anyone get sale prices through there barcode reader part of the app? Finally tried it today for the first time and everything I scanned either came up full price or just did not show a price at all even the stuff in the sale section. They make it a nightmare to find anything on clearance. I would have loved to pick up some more deals but I ended up just leaving with nothing.

I've had employees tell me to use that method when I've inquired about how sometimes they stock records that ring up on sale But are not marked as such. I've had the same experience as you every time. 

Edited by Andthejets27

32 minutes ago, Andthejets27 said:

I've had employees tell me to use that method when I've inquired about how sometimes they stock records that ring up on sale But are not marked as such. I've had the same experience as you every time. 

Thanks, glad to know it at least was not just me. Too bad because it could be an awesome tool to have if it worked at all since the majority of the employee's at my store have pretty much zero interest in helping at all if it involves any effort whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, hype said:

Thanks, glad to know it at least was not just me. Too bad because it could be an awesome tool to have if it worked at all since the majority of the employee's at my store have pretty much zero interest in helping at all if it involves any effort whatsoever.

Pretty sure that is the exact aesthetic UO tries to deliver with their branding.... "Apathy towards pretty much everything, bro."

2 hours ago, Andrew_VB said:

went to my local store, but they didnt have much good in the sale section. i did get the solange purple lp tho, so that was nice.

Have you listened to it yet? I read about some play through problems with the standard black copy so in wondering if the purple is any better

On 12/31/2016 at 2:16 PM, Andthejets27 said:

Have you listened to it yet? I read about some play through problems with the standard black copy so in wondering if the purple is any better

sounds fantastic actually. crisp, good bass, no issues at all.

only annoying thing is the side breaks. i get that it will be hard for an album like this with the interludes, but still. the side a/b breaks between mad interlude and mad, and the side b/c breaks between don't touch my hair and the following interlude which go so well together.

2 hours ago, Andrew_VB said:

sounds fantastic actually. crisp, good bass, no issues at all.

only annoying thing is the side breaks. i get that it will be hard for an album like this with the interludes, but still. the side a/b breaks between mad interlude and mad, and the side b/c breaks between don't touch my hair and the following interlude which go so well together.

It sounds like what you may be seeking is called a compact disc. 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:35 AM, Andthejets27 said:

I meant to bring this up when the $2 records were popping up back in September or so and someone mentioned employees telling them to do this. I tried it out and I'm pretty sure I know why it doesn't really help for figuring out clearance or sale priced items: Basically, the item has to be in stock on their website to ring up and give you a price. It's essentially just you checking the price on their website. This is almost no help at all for clearance/remainder items that are long gone from their online inventory.

Edited by lampwick

28 minutes ago, lampwick said:

I meant to bring this up when the $2 records were popping up back in September or so and someone mentioned employees telling them to do this. I tried it out and I'm pretty sure I know why it doesn't really help for figuring out clearance or sale priced items: Basically, the item has to be in stock on their website to ring up and give you a price. It's essentially just you checking the price on their website. This is almost no help at all for clearance/remainder items that are long gone from their online inventory.

Even so, the online price often doesn't match the in store price.