Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

12 hours ago, timsimmons said:

A Seat at the Table is now listed as a black vinyl LP (and still on a pre-order).  Did they sell out of the colored pressing or did they scrap it?

I bought a purple press in store. Sounds really good. I think they just sold out of it. It's up on Discogs for $45ish which isn't horrible considering if you bought it online with shipping and what not, I believe it came out to around $37?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

R-9908468-1488349263-5108.jpeg.jpg

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=42432658&category=HINDS

Limited edition, sold out on the UK site but still up in the US. Due for release on 20 March. Not sure how limited, the band recently tweeted to say there were less than 300 left but linked to the UK site. Missed out, annoyingly!

I disappeared from VC for quite some time, but I'm making my triumphant return, coincidentally as I'm working at UO! maybe I can help y'all out with info and intel that I get from the newsletters they print out every week. I'll def let y'all know when I find out about cool sales and stuff too.

7 hours ago, Aych said:

I disappeared from VC for quite some time, but I'm making my triumphant return, coincidentally as I'm working at UO! maybe I can help y'all out with info and intel that I get from the newsletters they print out every week. I'll def let y'all know when I find out about cool sales and stuff too.

I'm not sure what your position is at UO, but any heads up on future pressings of Robyn's Body Talk series will be greatly appreciated.

There is an exclusive Dua Lipa EP coming in April: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=42600429&color=001

Would like to order it with delievery to Germany, but 30 $ shipping killed it for me. Never had such a shipping for a single Vinyl from US to Germany. 

There is also a german UO Site, but they don't sell Vinyl.

UP also releases the last Lady Gaga Album on pink Vinyl, limited to 2000 copies:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=42785014&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

1 hour ago, electromaniac said:

Would like to order it with delievery to Germany, but 30 $ shipping killed it for me. Never had such a shipping for a single Vinyl from US to Germany. 

It costs $25 to ship a record overseas from the US. Hate to be to tell you, but US shipping prices suck.

3 minutes ago, wngu86 said:

Is the Lady Gaga album out already or just a preorder?

Says on the site that its a preorder.

2 minutes ago, daegor said:

Er, no.

Use the USPS calculator to check it out, $13.50 for a standard LP shipped to Germany from the US.

US prices are better than most other countries.

its definitely not $13.50, but not quite $25. More like $21.38 for anything under 2 lbs..... how are you getting $13.50? you have to do first class large package minimum

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

Er, no.

Use the USPS calculator to check it out, $13.50 for a standard LP shipped to Germany from the US.

US prices are better than most other countries.

I ship records all the time and never has it been that low. $13.50 can ship a 7" or CD not an LP.

1 minute ago, rogeoa8 said:

its definitely not $13.50, but not quite $25. More like $21.38 for anything under 2 lbs..... how are you getting $13.50? you have to do first class large package minimum

I was rounding up a bit and I didn't see how $30 was so drastic. I try to keep shipping to $23 for the buyer including adding $1 for the mailer.

Edited by dnl

5 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

5 minutes ago, dnl said:

I ship records all the time and never has it been that low. $13.50 can ship a 7" or CD not an LP.

Yo, my bad, got imperial versus metric mixed up, haha.

Still, yeah, $21-22.

Edited by daegor

On 3/22/2017 at 0:04 AM, Aych said:

This is the new Hot Topic thread and you're the new Travis.  Congratulations friend.