Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

It's a pretty killer sale if you can find some records you're interested in. I walked away from the store today with the Broad City soundtrack, Caracal by Disclosure and Phases by Jack Garratt for $19 total. They had a good selection of records for $10 each and they had another 40% off all sale items.

I scored the following:

Jay Reatard - Blood Visions (mistakenly entered as 10 cents, so I got for 6 cents)

Pavement - Wowee Zowee

The Zombies - Oddysey & Oracle

Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds In Country Music

Ryan Adams - 1989

Bleached - Welcome The Worms

Beach Slang - The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us

59 minutes ago, jcastrianni said:

I scored the following:

Jay Reatard - Blood Visions (mistakenly entered as 10 cents, so I got for 6 cents)

Used to work at Urban. They called these "dime-outs." Those items are supposed to be destroyed or sent back to distributors for various reasons.  Employees aren't supposed to sell them, so you lucked out. Must've been a new hire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 1:32 AM, Sh_tluck said:

Used to work at Urban. They called these "dime-outs." Those items are supposed to be destroyed or sent back to distributors for various reasons.  Employees aren't supposed to sell them, so you lucked out. Must've been a new hire.

Can confirm. I sold a dime-out dress once when I first started working on the cash register, my manager wasn't particularly thrilled but was understanding because I was still new at the time. So yeah, you got lucky. lol

• 1 month later...

I was able to score tons of good crap (Get Up Kids, Mineral, The Violent Femmes, Ryan Adams, etc.) with the 40% off clearance sale, all for $6 each. Remember, if it "looks out of place" on the shelf (old, missing shrink, even if it isn't in their "clearance bin") or ends in the number 9, it is on clearance, whether the store has marked it as such or not. 

Edited by avgisdumb

On 6/30/2017 at 11:25 AM, avgisdumb said:

I was able to score tons of good crap (Get Up Kids, Mineral, The Violent Femmes, Ryan Adams, etc.) with the 40% off clearance sale, all for $6 each. Remember, if it "looks out of place" on the shelf (old, missing shrink, even if it isn't in their "clearance bin") or ends in the number 9, it is on clearance, whether the store has marked it as such or not. 

I'm actually not so sure about albums that are missing the shrink. I haven't been told to charge markdown prices for any of those, mostly because a lot of the albums that don't have shrink on them are direct returns and they were previously open. I'll ask when I get to work tomorrow just to make sure, since the 40% off sale ends tomorrow evening. 

10 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

For fans of the Urban Outfitters Yo Gabba Gabba "Super Music Friends Show" LP:

ETR is pressing up two new comps with some additional and overlapping tracks:

Yo Gabba Gabba "Hey" and "Fantastic Yoyages"

I am in for the Mark Kozelek track alone! :D

thanks for the link - had to pick up Fantastic Voyages, awesome tracklist

4 minutes ago, brillwill said:

thanks for the link - had to pick up Fantastic Voyages, awesome tracklist

That was the main one I wanted for the Koz and The Bird and The Bee tracks...

But I saw that "Hey" splatter that is almost sold out, and the listing mentioned some new mixes in stereo....

I'm a sucker, and bought both. :P

On 7/2/2017 at 5:24 PM, Aych said:

I'm actually not so sure about albums that are missing the shrink. I haven't been told to charge markdown prices for any of those, mostly because a lot of the albums that don't have shrink on them are direct returns and they were previously open. I'll ask when I get to work tomorrow just to make sure, since the 40% off sale ends tomorrow evening. 

Oh, I wasn't saying that all torn-shrink wrapped records are on sale (in fact, most of the time, I would say they are NOT), but just that these are the types of things to look for at a store which seem out of place on the vinyl shelves. When in question, just go and ask an employee to scan a stack of records, even if most aren't marked down.!

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Christina Aguilera's S/T album getting its first ever pressing. On pink vinyl. 

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/christina-aguilera-christina-aguilera-exclusive-lp?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=066

In honour of this, here are all the track names of the songs from this album put into a shitty, shitty poem.

I Turn To You, Genie In A Bottle, So Emotional

Obvious Reflection, Love For All Seasons, Blessed

What A Girl Wants? Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

Somebody's Somebody, When You Put Your Hands On Me

Love Will Find A Way

Hey guys, new to the forum. A buddy of mine was able to find a copy of UO limited edition A seat at the table by Solange at his UO store in VA about 3 weeks ago. 

I was wondering what are the chances of finding this on the shelves ? Also i know it varies with artists but how long do exclusive records usually sit on the shelves ?

Thanks in advance !  

Edited by drose

1 hour ago, drose said:

Hey guys, new to the forum. A buddy of mine was able to find a copy of UO limited edition A seat at the table by Solange at his UO store in VA about 3 weeks ago. 

I was wondering what are the chances of finding this on the shelves ? Also i know it varies with artists but how long do exclusive records usually sit on the shelves ?

Thanks in advance !  

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/solange---a-seat-at-the-table-lp-001?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=001

Totally random on finding it in stores.  Some have lots, some have few. Some albums will have a lot pressed, some may only have 500 total. Always check the site and look for in store pickup and it'll tell you what you can expect, and it'll save you a trip!

Welcome to the boards!

34 minutes ago, nardes said:

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/solange---a-seat-at-the-table-lp-001?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=001

Totally random on finding it in stores.  Some have lots, some have few. Some albums will have a lot pressed, some may only have 500 total. Always check the site and look for in store pickup and it'll tell you what you can expect, and it'll save you a trip!

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you I appreciate it ! 

I tried calling around to see if they had it in store but they asked for the sku # which I could not find for the limited edition. 

i believe this was the link when it used to be available online https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/solange---a-seat-at-the-table-lp

3 minutes ago, drose said:

Thank you I appreciate it ! 

I tried calling around to see if they had it in store but they asked for the sku # which I could not find for the limited edition. 

i believe this was the link when it used to be available online https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/solange---a-seat-at-the-table-lp

If you want the info from the limited purple pressing you can get it from discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/Solange-A-Seat-At-The-Table/release/9530988

53 minutes ago, hype said:

If you want the info from the limited purple pressing you can get it from discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/Solange-A-Seat-At-The-Table/release/9530988

Thanks ! 

I believe discog doesn't have the store sku # listed but definitely a great site for other information. Thanks again to everyone helping me out !