Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

9 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Are they marking which records are 2 bucks in the Sale section or is it more a "go to the counter and have them check a bunch of prices"

I wanna know this answer too. My local OU had nothing marked down. Some records in the sale section had red price stickers but nothing for $2. There were nearly 100 different albums there and I don't think the "go to the counter and have them check a bunch of prices" method will work.

Is it possible that some stores are just liquidating their stock?

It's definitely a "Go to the counter and see how they ring up" thing. State Street Chicago UO didn't have a ton, and nothing was marked at $1.99. But I found a handful of records others have highlighted above (Angus OST, "Untethered" by Built to Spill, Modest Mouse EPs) all for $1.99.

Also found, that hasn't been mentioned above;

Bloc Party - Hymns

Friday Night Lights OST

Albert Hammond Jr - Momentary Masters

Cold War Kids - Hold my Home

Tanlines - Highlights

All rang up at $1.99, even though all five were marked at 19.99 "on sale."

18 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Are they marking which records are 2 bucks in the Sale section or is it more a "go to the counter and have them check a bunch of prices"

6 minutes ago, dnl said:

I wanna know this answer too. My local OU had nothing marked down. Some records in the sale section had red price stickers but nothing for $2. There were nearly 100 different albums there and I don't think the "go to the counter and have them check a bunch of prices" method will work.

Is it possible that some stores are just liquidating their stock?

Mine had some marked as $1.99 but as post above me states, some of it is "go to the counter" as they might not all be marked

Went into my local UO today and there was nothing on sale, even the LPs that are banged up and missing shrink-wrap are at full price. I checked in their weird little sale room and it was just clothing and knick-knacks, kind of bummed out as I would have loved to get that Charli XCX vinyl for cheap. 

picked up 2 records, selections were minimal, tho they had like 100 copies of the orange is the new black soundtrack (that didn't have the regina song on)

got Charli XCX pink vinyl, and Albert Hammond Jr Momentary Masters

thing is i already have that albert hammond album, will probably end up giving it away

unless someone manages to pick up a copy of the bloc part album and wants to do a trade...

let me know

On 10/1/2016 at 3:23 PM, nardes said:

I'm 90% sure T-Swift was no on sale... but if someone can prove me wrong, I'll gladly take the L and head right out to UO to take advantage!

You are correct, T-Swift is not on sale.  I went today, they had quite a few selections.  I took T-Swift up b/c it was in the sale area, but rang up at normal price so I put it back.

18 hours ago, ChrisCo914 said:

went a few weeks back and got...

Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music

Hot Chip - Why Make Sense

Holly Herndon - Platform

Mewithoutyou - Pale Horses

Little Dragon - Nabuma Rubberband

and a few more that i can't remember, right now for $2 each. was a nice trip to the mall.

The UO I went to also had Killer Mike, but it rang up at $9.99.  I was pretty bummed about that, but $9.99 is still a solid deal.

Just picked up the following:

Modest Mouse - Sad Sappy Sucker

Modest Mouse - Fruit That Ate Itself

Hot Chip - Why Make Sense

Surfer Blood - 1000 Palms

Diiv - Oshin

Really only wanted the Modest Mouse EPs but $2 a record was too hard to pass up. They were all marked $9.99 in the sale section.

Forgot to look for the Built to Spill album though. 

Previous UO Exclusive release getting reissued:

"Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" - Colored Vinyl Reissue

Also! We are proud to announce a limited edition repressing of the long out of printcolored vinyl edition of modern classic Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, named one of Pitchfork's The 100 Best Albums of the Decade So Far in 2014.

This Pink & Blue colored vinyl edition was previously an Urban Outftters exclusive, but now we're making it available to all retailers in North America. Perfect for the holiday season, we're looking to release this on November 18, 2016. 

The UO in Pasadena completely remodeled and their stagnant rack of of Green Day - Dos and Twin Shadows LPs/clearance section seems to be a casualty.  They had one metal 'clearance' cube snuck away behind their clothes racks with a bunch of 'classic vinyl' used LPs and no $2 clearance vinyl titles.

The UO in Pasadena completely remodeled and their stagnant rack of of Green Day - Dos and Twin Shadows LPs/clearance section seems to be a casualty.  They had one metal 'clearance' cube snuck away behind their clothes racks with a bunch of 'classic vinyl' used LPs and no $2 clearance vinyl titles.

5 hours ago, psus2h said:

Every store I've been to NFG and Balance and Composue ring up full price.  TI Paperwork is $2 though 

The weird thing I've found during this is the double lp NFG rings up for $1.99 and the single lp of it rings up $19.99.. bizarre. Balance and Composure was full price as well.