Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

may i suggest a delorean outfitted with a flux capacitor?

Thanks for the helpful tip there. It would take me longer to find a delorean with a flux capacitor than it would this vinyl for a decent price.

Being a new member, I'm learning this is a very diverse community of vinyl enthusiasts. Some people have proven to be above and beyond awesome, others are called jrodan.

So I've been searching for a decent price on the Bon Iver - UO exclusive vinyl for over 3 weeks. Ebay and Discogs are overpriced by nearly 100%! Anyone have any tips in finding this one?

I think you'll find that if you miss an exclusive or limited edition while on sale, you are going to have to pay a premium. For this or any other release. Depending on scarcity 100% mark-up may be a "good deal". In other words, if the resale market dictates this release is now worth $75, but you can find it $30, you'll still found yourself a relative bargain, regardless of original price. On a long enough timeline, you should be able to find MOST anything at a decent price. 

In your case, I'd jump on the next eBay auction that ends below $30 and feel ok about it. This is because I'm betting the value will increase, not decrease, in the short-term. Or, you could be patient and maybe someone on here will find another and sell it for cost. But that might mean this record hits your collection next January, not this January. 

There is no single answer, tip or silver bullet that is going to help you buddy. 

I think you'll find that if you miss an exclusive or limited edition while on sale, you are going to have to pay a premium. For this or any other release. Depending on scarcity 100% mark-up may be a "good deal". In other words, if the resale market dictates this release is now worth $75, but you can find it $30, you'll still found yourself a relative bargain, regardless of original price. On a long enough timeline, you should be able to find MOST anything at a decent price. 

In your case, I'd jump on the next eBay auction that ends below $30 and feel ok about it. This is because I'm betting the value will increase, not decrease, in the short-term. Or, you could be patient and maybe someone on here will find another and sell it for cost. But that might mean this record hits your collection next January, not this January. 

There is no single answer, tip or silver bullet that is going to help you buddy. 

This is the type of answer I was looking for. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Urban Outfitters sells records?

That sucks. 

not punx enough for you tre, right?

nah, joking, they sell some fantastic (albeit overpriced, until they go on clearance) records. got an UO exclusive red Bon Iver, Bon Iver record for 10 bucks and it was basically the best purchase ever.