tape deck/ turntable set up

so im looking to record some tracks from my records to tape for a project im doing. I have a decent receiver and looking for a tape deck to hook up to my set up. Im not sure what kind of connections the tape deck will need. is an audio in connection enough? any help is appreciated.

If you are talking about connections you need on your amp/receiver, you need "audio out". The signal from the turntable is the "in" signal and it's gotta go out from the amp to the tape deck.

thanks. thats what i figured, but when i fuck around with stuff like that, it never seems that simple. appreciate it.

I've never tried this before but if you have a preamp, and the tape deck has adjustable levels, you might be able to run the turntable through the preamp directly to the "audio in" jacks on the tape machine. Anybody?

my turntable has a built in preamp, i run that through the receiver. I'm hoping i can just run the audio through the receiver to the tape deck. i probably should get a preamp though.