Good budget cartridge for Sony PS LX3?

I got this PS LX3 at a garage sale for $10 and it's a pretty solid turntable for the price, and I got myself an old amp/receiver and that sounds pretty decent.. but I was wondering if it would be beneficial to just get a new stylus to replace the stock Audio-Technica cartridge's one, or get a new cartridge..?

I was looking at something around the price range of the Ortofon Omega.. I know I'm probably not gonna get audiophile sounds for $32, but something around that price would be nice.

can you put any cartridge on any turntable? like as long as it's standard mount (i believe my tt is standard mount)

I got this PS LX3 at a garage sale for $10 and it's a pretty solid turntable for the price, and I got myself an old amp/receiver and that sounds pretty decent.. but I was wondering if it would be beneficial to just get a new stylus to replace the stock Audio-Technica cartridge's one, or get a new cartridge..?

I was looking at something around the price range of the Ortofon Omega.. I know I'm probably not gonna get audiophile sounds for $32, but something around that price would be nice.

can you put any cartridge on any turntable? like as long as it's standard mount (i believe my tt is standard mount)

Did you come to a solution? I just lost a needle on a crappy backup optimus lab 100 but might as well see if there was any chance of improving it