So I saw the pre-order up on amazon. Any reason why this is 34.98?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008VMTZ3W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1T426SY6B9BR1HW319Z3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Also it's on shop radio casts website but that says back ordered.

Any idea for how long?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why these are so ridiculously priced.

Plain and simple: Because they can. Or they think they can. Vinyl is hot right now. Press an exclusive color, say it's limited and make people who want the vinyl pay a lot for it. Californication, Van Halen: $45! Why not? you want the vinyl, pay up! Remember when CDs MSRP was around $20 each? Ugh.

So the Killers store says:

"The Battle Born Limited Edition Red Vinyl includes an 11 song single disc in a gatefold jacket with custom sleeve and a 24 x 36" poster."

They probably mean custom inner sleeve. Like when an LP is advertised as having a "printed inner sleeve." Interpunk is showing on their listing "double 180g vinyl" which i would guess is wrong considering what the official site says. Considering the initial Amazon price and the different prices around the web, it would seem that there was some misinformation. At least one big online vendor doesn't evenhave it up for preorder yet.

Plain and simple: Because they can. Or they think they can. Vinyl is hot right now. Press an exclusive color, say it's limited and make people who want the vinyl pay a lot for it. Californication, Van Halen: $45! Why not? you want the vinyl, pay up! Remember when CDs MSRP was around $20 each? Ugh.

This really annoys me since The Killers have been one of my favorite bands for around 8 years now. If I can find out how "limited" the red vinyl is I'm probably going to end up paying the ridiculous price for it just to keep my Killers collection complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm..a limited red single LP version for $45 shipped or a double 180g LP for $21 shipped. If Interpunk is, in fact, selling a double 180g version, this is a no-brainer. BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE. Maybe the huge price difference between a single red LP and a double 180g LP is such a massive, backward, illogical mistake on Interpunk's part that when I order their version, they're just going to send me a Battle Born poster.

Both pictures on http://www.thekillersmusic.com/battleborn make it look like it is a double even though the store (which that site redirects to) says single. And the store says 11 tracks, that splash page says 12. More than a little confusing. The access to presale tickets might be worth the extra price alone, though, in my opinion.