PO: Trey Anastasio - Traveler

Traveler, Trey's newest studio album, was co-produced with Peter Katis (The National, Interpol, Jónsi) at Tarquin Studios in Bridgeport, CT. Musicians include Trey Anastasio Band, Mates of State's Kori Gardner, The National's Bryan Devendorf and Matt Berninger, and Icelandic percussionist Samuli Kosminen. Pressed on gold colored 180 gram vinyl, the album comes with a Traveler bonus 7" as well as a download card for an MP3 version of the album.

All preorders will also receive a signed limited edition lightograph by Trey.

*Please Note: This item is available for pre-order.

All items in your order will ship on or about October 12, 2012.

http://treyanastasio...57958&pc=T5LP04

Trey is talented

He just hasn't done anything in over a decade worth a shit.

People on this board like all kinds of music some may think some of it is awful and some is great. It is one of the things i like about this place, it isn't a bunch of preaching to the choir type posters like say a Phish board.

Anything that involves gratuitous guitar that can be dubbed a "noodly" has no place in my life. The definition of talent is apparently subjective - I suppose there are plenty of talented people that make truly crappy music. That's where I'd place Trey and Phish - talented people that make music I find completely unlistenable and that attracts a fan base I find completely intolerable. My opinions are unswayed today.

Anything that involves gratuitous guitar that can be dubbed a "noodly" has no place in my life. The definition of talent is apparently subjective - I suppose there are plenty of talented people that make truly crappy music. That's where I'd place Trey and Phish - talented people that make music I find completely unlistenable and that attracts a fan base I find completely intolerable. My opinions are unswayed today.

I find it hard to believe you have ever picked up a guitar if you find this "talent to be subjective". I doubt youve ever played an instrument either. I just thank god everyday that Im not a 30 year old teenie-bopper.

Trey is talented

People on this board like all kinds of music some may think some of it is awful and some is great. It is one of the things i like about this place, it isn't a bunch of preaching to the choir type posters like say a Phish board.

I beg to differ. Has anything touched the greatness of what he wrote from say 1985-1993? No. Have there been incredible versions of Phish songs performed live since they came back in 09'? Sure, its fewer and farther between but absolutely yes he has. Also FYI, Scabbard which is on this album is one of the best TAB studio tracks ever made.

Trey is talented

HAHAHA. yeah, this site isn't a bunch of posters preaching to the choir.......

+1 for posting the pre-order

Being able to noodle around on a guitar may be talent, but who cares? I would much rather listen to some kid who doesn't know how to play than listen to a single Trey Anastasio song.

I find it hard to believe you have ever picked up a guitar if you find this "talent to be subjective". I doubt youve ever played an instrument either. I just thank god everyday that Im not a 30 year old teenie-bopper.

I have little to no musical talent. Not for a lack of effort however. My talents lie in other fields and arts and yes, the people I consider talented in my chosen field a lot of others do not regard the same way. I make a comfortable living in a creative field that is frequently judged by strangers. Not everyone will enjoy everything I do and that goes for any and all creative fields. I've had the joy of a glowing NY Times Review and the disappointment of being bashed by the same publication. I have a pretty good understanding of these things.

So, I'll happily be the a 30+ year old whatever as opposed to someone who cries because someone didn't care to pre-order some record. Your holier than thou bump was obnoxious and you can keep digging your hole all you want with your assumptions about others. Next time around try bumping with a recommendation about why others might enjoy something you dig as opposed to slinging insults.

I have little to no musical talent. Not for a lack of effort however. My talents lie in other fields and arts and yes, the people I consider talented in my chosen field a lot of others do not regard the same way. I make a comfortable living in a creative field that is frequently judged by strangers. Not everyone will enjoy everything I do and that goes for any and all creative fields. I've had the joy of a glowing NY Times Review and the disappointment of being bashed by the same publication. I have a pretty good understanding of these things.

So, I'll happily be the a 30+ year old whatever as opposed to someone who cries because someone didn't care to pre-order some record. Your holier than thou bump was obnoxious and you can keep digging your hole all you want with your assumptions about others. Next time around try bumping with a recommendation about why others might enjoy something you dig as opposed to slinging insults.

Then how about you stop trolling threads you have no interest in, in the first place? Then I wouldn't have to poke fun at your lousy ears.

Good lord, do you know how ridiculous that sounds? You must be some kind of prophet...

Umm, okay? Says the person who throws a fit because nobody posts in their thread about a guy who plays in a jam band.

I was watching Phish/Trey Anastasio videos the other day, and I was really trying to find something to like about it. There is aboslutely nothing listenable about that music whatsoever. Wah pedals fucking suck in my opinion.

30+ year old teenie boppers?

Makes perfect sense.

Phish Junta was a fucking ace RSD release (maybe the best of 2012, and I'd been waiting forever for Tomahawk on LP) but not everyone likes Phish... and of those who do, fewer like Trey solo.

Post POs and if people don't jizz all over themselves don't get bitchy... that said, thanks for informing us, but not everyone's interested.

30+ year old teenie boppers?

Makes perfect sense.

Phish Junta was a fucking ace RSD release (maybe the best of 2012, and I'd been waiting forever for Tomahawk on LP) but not everyone likes Phish... and of those who do, fewer like Trey solo.

Post POs and if people don't jizz all over themselves don't get bitchy... that said, thanks for informing us, but not everyone's interested.

Agreed. Then again, people who dont like Trey should have never been trolling in this thread to begin with.

Umm, okay? Says the person who throws a fit because nobody posts in their thread about a guy who plays in a jam band.

I was watching Phish/Trey Anastasio videos the other day, and I was really trying to find something to like about it. There is aboslutely nothing listenable about that music whatsoever. Wah pedals fucking suck in my opinion.

Its an acquired taste. You would need to be willing to devote a few months of your life to really understand it anyways.

If anyone is seriously interested in trying to see what Phish is all about and why they've actually made it this far without ever having a "chart topping radio hit", shoot me a PM and I can get you started off in the right direction. Please, I only want people who are actually gonna give this band a serious shot, to message me.

Trey is talented

How about the 24 minute version of "Light" (a song written in 2009) performed just 3 days ago in Colorado? Please tell me thats not worth a shit.

Yeesh. This is my first encounter with a Phish fan in the wild, and I have to say all the stereotypes are true:

• Incredibly passionate
  • Incredibly defensive at the slightest/no provocation
  • Capable of incredibly broad, stark comparisons: either appreciate the majesty of Phish -or- you like teenybopper bands and chart-topping radio hits
  • The worst

I guess I will never understand the beauty of lethargic 12 minute renditions of late night talk show house band bumper music, maaaaan. I'll just keep listening to Justin Bieber and Nickelback 4eva.