Kenwood KD40R (Anyone know anything about these?)

This thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA3WqclRFs

Yeah, looks okay. Nothing to write home about, but certainly better than a Crosley. The issue is that there's so little information out there that if something goes wrong, who is going to help you out? If it breaks, where are you going to find replacement parts?

Granted, it's only $40, but the question is whether you're buying $40 worth of problems or if it's something that you'll be able to enjoy for the foreseeable future. I'd talk to the seller and find out the condition. If it's issue-free and it has been serviced recently, sure ... why not. Otherwise, save your money.

This thing?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA3WqclRFs[/media]

Yeah, looks okay. Nothing to write home about, but certainly better than a Crosley. The issue is that there's so little information out there that if something goes wrong, who is going to help you out? If it breaks, where are you going to find replacement parts?

Granted, it's only $40, but the question is whether you're buying $40 worth of problems or if it's something that you'll be able to enjoy for the foreseeable future. I'd talk to the seller and find out the condition. If it's issue-free and it has been serviced recently, sure ... why not. Otherwise, save your money.

Thanks..that helps alot, much appreciated. Im gonna see if the guy has replaced the cartridge recently and whatnot, or I'll ask if I can take it to a shop to have it looked at before I buy it, I have a crosley now and Im over it, its such junk.