Live: Throwing Copper vinyl reissue?

futre

SRC has it

got my copy tonight. as usual MOV releases do not disappoint. it also includes two additional tracks that aren't on the cd release

This is incorrect. All the tracks on this are on the CD. 2 of them however (POD and Horse) are not on earlier vinyl pressings.

But yeah, this release is great. Got mine today, and just spun it earlier.

This is incorrect. All the tracks on this are on the CD. 2 of them however (POD and Horse) are not on earlier vinyl pressings.

But yeah, this release is great. Got mine today, and just spun it earlier.

Do you have an original US pressing? If so, how does the sound quality compare to the reissue?

Do you have an original US pressing? If so, how does the sound quality compare to the reissue?

I don't unfortunately. Haven't found any at a decent price. I was pretty leery of how this might sound, since they jammed so much on the single LP, but overall it sounds quite good. No surface noise all, and the quality is very decent.

I ordered min from soundstage direct. Not sure what SRC is carrying now, but I got one of the numbered "copper" colored variants. It's not exactly copper, but still kind of cool looking.

I don't unfortunately. Haven't found any at a decent price. I was pretty leery of how this might sound, since they jammed so much on the single LP, but overall it sounds quite good. No surface noise all, and the quality is very decent.

I ordered min from soundstage direct. Not sure what SRC is carrying now, but I got one of the numbered "copper" colored variants. It's not exactly copper, but still kind of cool looking.

Thanks. I'll probably pass on the reissue for the time being since the original sounded good from what I remember. The completist in me wants it for the extra tracks but I don't really like either of those songs. And I was less than impressed with the last MOV reissue I bought.

• 1 year later...

copper coloured vinyl is still available from "what records" in the UK 

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58034.htm 

it was a little pricey with international shipping but i was stoked to receive 0035/1000 

Still $48...

Black ones are going for about $35 it seems

edit: found black for $24.53 shipped here under other sellers

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/throwing-copper/25314152?ean=600753402344

I have the black MOV reissue and it is by far one of the worst sounding records I own.  Absolutely terrible in my opinion.  I love pretty much every other MOV album I own (and I have a lot) but this one is a turd. 

Surprised, MOV makes some of the best sounding LPs around. I've never heard a bad one.

I have the black MOV reissue and it is by far one of the worst sounding records I own. Absolutely terrible in my opinion. I love pretty much every other MOV album I own (and I have a lot) but this one is a turd.

That's surprising. MOV usually knocks out good sound quality. Plus others have said their MOV Throwing Copper copies sound good. Anyone else have this experience?