VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

I sent to Diabretic, he seemed to like it alright? I didn't realize people were going so big or I maybe would of threw a couple other things together. And I got one, but no damn clue who it was from? Someone from SC?

Thanks again, whoever you are!

man I more than liked it, it was fantastic. You are awesome at making mixes and the artwork was insane.

My Secret Santa package showed up today. I opened it to find the following:

-a ton of free-floating potpourri flakes all over everything in the package.

-a flattened piece of aluminum foil that appeared to at one point have a ton of potpourri inside it.

-an LP by a band called Tear It Up I'm unfamiliar with (and the vinyl looks to have gone through the wringer—I'll need to give it a good cleaning before trying to play it).

-Two 7-inches by hardcore bands I've never heard of (The Real Enemy and Still Ill), sent without outer sleeves, natch.

-a Crime In Stereo LP I already owned.

-a note from my Secret Santa that, for one of his clues, wrote, "I kind of hate you."

Based on the package's contents and the Chicago postmark, I'm guessing it's from Justin Communique. So, uh, thanks, I guess?

hahaha, you fuck

Now let's take a moment here. I did not see that Have Heart lp on your tradelist and I assumed off of what you had that you would genuinely enjoy the items I sent. I love that Tear It Up LP and figured you would, too. Apparently, however, obscurity means the band sucks versus me just getting you something stereotypically better known. Next time, I'll peruse the pages of AP for ideas. The note was completely tongue in cheek. Come on, man; I meant no malice. If you're genuinely sore about it, I will gladly send you a new package of stuff - no need to go into swearing at me. I DID try to get stuff in your interest range, afterall. Sorry that you took it as being a bad gift - would it have not been if I hadn't booby trapped it? No one ever plays pranks, they always play it super straight, I apologize for trying to step outside of that. If I was genuinely trying to give you a bad gift, would I have gotten things that I thought would be interesting to you? No, I would have gotten a half a dozen thrift store lp's and sent those. You may not have liked it, but I genuinely tried - I was unaware that there Are hidden rules for how to package a secret santa gift as well as what it's made up of.

Now let's take a moment here. I did not see that Have Heart lp on your tradelist and I assumed off of what you had that you would genuinely enjoy the items I sent. I love that Tear It Up LP and figured you would, too. Apparently, however, obscurity means the band sucks versus me just getting you something stereotypically better known. Next time, I'll peruse the pages of AP for ideas. The note was completely tongue in cheek. Come on, man; I meant no malice. If you're genuinely sore about it, I will gladly send you a new package of stuff - no need to go into swearing at me. I DID try to get stuff in your interest range, afterall. Sorry that you took it as being a bad gift - would it have not been if I hadn't booby trapped it? No one ever plays pranks, they always play it super straight, I apologize for trying to step outside of that. If I was genuinely trying to give you a bad gift, would I have gotten things that I thought would be interesting to you? No, I would have gotten a half a dozen thrift store lp's and sent those. You may not have liked it, but I genuinely tried - I was unaware that there Are hidden rules for how to package a secret santa gift as well as what it's made up of.

-There was no Have Heart LP in my box, so maybe you forgot to mail that record.

-I virtually never post about hardcore on VC, and my tradelist certainly reflects that lack of interest.

-You also sent this package roughly six weeks late.

-You wrote a note that said "I kind of hate you." Ha-ha, that is super-funny! Just the kind of correspondence I look forward to getting in the mail every day. It's a real pick-me-up.

I'd say just about everyone but you took SS seriously. I haven't seen anyone disappointed with their packages, because their SS put effort into their package. I mean, shit—I tracked down a 25-year-old novelty flexidisc for the person I had, just because I thought it would brighten their day.

If you didn't want to be my Secret Santa, then you should've said something to Mike and switched me out for someone else. But this kind of half-assed shit is just a waste of everyone's time.

You didn't like the comment? Stop going around these boards posting equally condescending bullshit to people with less than xxx number of posts who haven't been on from day 1. Be a dick to people and people will be dicks back, eh?

Do you want another package or not? I promise this one will appeal to your sensibilities - maybe a Boxcar Racer LP for the board's favorite 30 year old teeny punk correspondant.

Not sure him and I would fit. I rarely ever get into it with folks on this board. I legit thought he had an interest in the stuff I sent and he's still accusing me of being the sore thumb in this whole thing even AFTER i sincerely offer a second package to show my sincerity. Fuck that. He gets nothing.

And lest i be seen as the childish one in this exchange, I responded calmly to being told to fuck myself and only stooped to his level after he refused my attempt to genuinely salvage shit. Whatever, VC loves this drama mess. Eat it up.

You didn't like the comment? Stop going around these boards posting equally condescending bullshit to people with less than xxx number of posts who haven't been on from day 1. Be a dick to people and people will be dicks back, eh?

Do you want another package or not? I promise this one will appeal to your sensibilities - maybe a Boxcar Racer LP for the board's favorite 30 year old teeny punk correspondant.

Not sure him and I would fit. I rarely ever get into it with folks on this board. I legit thought he had an interest in the stuff I sent and he's still accusing me of being the sore thumb in this whole thing even AFTER i sincerely offer a second package to show my sincerity. Fuck that. He gets nothing.

And lest i be seen as the childish one in this exchange, I responded calmly to being told to fuck myself and only stooped to his level after he refused my attempt to genuinely salvage shit. Whatever, VC loves this drama mess. Eat it up.

All right, you've insulted my occupation and my weight—now quick, go for the hat trick!

I was referring to yr ego, champ. I've barely seen enough photos of you to get any assessment of yr weight and size. The career one, sticks, though. You get enough handouts weekly to where this shouldn't bother you.

Seriously, I offered you more gifts since you didn't like the first ones that didn't even cost you any money. You didn't take that. Relax, and stop whining. Leave that to yr readership.

Yeah, I was late. To my recollection, I was far from the only one. I kept contact, though. I certainly didn't slack intentionally.