Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

Courtesy of this thread, Juan's addiction, and the desire to know where most of the gifs used on this forum are stemming from, I went on a T-Swizzle music video binge. Two observations:

1.) Whoa. Damn fine. 10/10 for sure.

2.) There are some mighty fine pop songs in the mix here. Fortunately, pop radio hasn't ruined any of these for me (sorry to hear about that, Derek!), but we'll see if I dig in far enough to purchase any of her albums.

Carry on!

I watched it and at first I was like "oh no" but then by the end I was like "This is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of my life." 

I don't know if I like it as a Taylor Swift song, a lot of artists in pop share songs and pass them off and I think maybe she should have sold this tune (if she wrote it) to someone else. BUT! I do think she'll do well with it regardless. She's popular enough as an artist that she could release a new version of row row row your boat and it would top the charts. 

I do wish more pop artists were more in tune to how a song fits them and how well a song would fit others though. Charli XCX sold Icona Pop that 'I Love It' song and even though she plays that song live/they became huge on it , in interviews she always says she never saw that song as hers. It's just a neat thing. Kinda like how Kacey Musgraves tried to sell Follow Your Arrow to Katy Perry and KP was like "naw girl, you need to keep this one for yourself." 

^That rant was completely pointless but it's something I've been thinking about a lot. 

• 1 month later...