American Horror Story - Season 6 On Now (Beware Spoilers)

Agree Dandy is the best character. Twisty was great too (that's the clown's name, right?)

100% correct.  I liked the killer clown direction they took, but it ended pretty quick. Watched this week's episode last night, and even though I did enjoy the backstories, I felt it was a weak mid-season finale. I was bored with a majority of the episode. 

100% correct.  I liked the killer clown direction they took, but it ended pretty quick. Watched this week's episode last night, and even though I did enjoy the backstories, I felt it was a weak mid-season finale. I was bored with a majority of the episode. 

Dear Lauryn,

You are my mind twin. We are friends.

Here's my theory....

Dandy is bloody face. He's that insane that he created a fake backstory that he was abandoned by his mother. He has a lot of the same mannerisms and age wise would grow up to look like Zachary Quinto. He has the money to go to medical school and he also has sewn his victims skin and stuff.

Here's my theory....

Dandy is bloody face. He's that insane that he created a fake backstory that he was abandoned by his mother. He has a lot of the same mannerisms and age wise would grow up to look like Zachary Quinto. He has the money to go to medical school and he also has sewn his victims skin and stuff.

Oh holy fuck. Damn... Just. Damn...

Is anyone even still watching/interested in this season? I missed the last two episodes and I plan to catch up, but really this season just isn't what I expected and doesn't hold up well to the other, better, seasons.

I missed last weeks and haven't bothered to catch up, but what everyone has said here makes me want to give it another shot

I do enjoy the Dandy as Bloody Face's dad theory. I wonder if AHS will connect the two. 

For anyone who is interested:

There have been a lot of clues released that hint at what season 5 is going to be about. Pretty sure AHS will use this as their inspiration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Top_Hat

This guy's got some pretty convincing details that lead me to believe the Operation Top Hat theory. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmericanHorrorStory/comments/2l05ef/my_season_5_theory/

Seems mostly A-sexual. Probably kill them to bathe in their blood before he raped anyone. He didn't try anything at the tupperware party massacre, which would have been a good time to reveal that side of him.

Beyond what I posted earlier, Asylum takes place in 1964 and Freak Show is 1952. Bloodyface is a psychiatrist, so even as a young one, he's probably around 30. Puts him conceived in the 1930s. Bloody face could have been born before Dandy.

Interesting thought, but the facts just don't leave room for the theory.

Seems mostly A-sexual. Probably kill them to bathe in their blood before he raped anyone. He didn't try anything at the tupperware party massacre, which would have been a good time to reveal that side of him.

Beyond what I posted earlier, Asylum takes place in 1964 and Freak Show is 1952. Bloodyface is a psychiatrist, so even as a young one, he's probably around 30. Puts him conceived in the 1930s. Bloody face could have been born before Dandy.

Ah, you're right. Balls.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I had mixed feelings about Coven, it seems like this season is back to the same problem they had with Asylum, which is trying to juggle a dozen different storylines and not really doing any of them very well. It already felt like a big jumble, and tonight they went and threw Doogie Howser in the mix, and then the ending just seemed to come out of nowhere. But hey, at least there was no musical number!

Well, shit. I didn't expect that to happen already.

And yeah, AHS has never been able to maintain its consistency; every season's had the same problem. I do like NPH's inclusion though.

Well, he could still be a distant relative or so.

Agree. The first season felt like everything was building towards a big finish (what would happen to the family). Asylum, not so much. Coven was building towards the trials. Freakshow doesn't feel like it's building towards anything. Just a random soap opera of freaks stabbing each other in the back. Everyseason did have random offshoot storylines that were loosely integrated into the main story, though.

They killed the best character way too soon, also. I'd say this has been the worst season. Did like NPH's character. I couldn't tell at first if they were going to make the doll actually come to life or not.

Well, he could still be a distant relative or so.

I'm not here to shit on every theory for how the stories can be connected. I like that they are doing that and am open to hearing and discussing ideas. I think this is a pretty spurious claim to make, though. Anyone can be related to anyone. If you can't point to something solid in the show to support, it's not a good theory.

Yeah, I can't argue with that. Oh well, it would've been a neat connection but it wasn't really needed. I think the first season is still my favorite, all the other seasons were kind of ruined towards the end and Freak Show has been the least compelling of them all. I've still enjoyed the current season though, at least it's been sort of consistent (unlike Asylum or Coven, which declined drastically towards the end).

Oh nah, the best character is still alive and well. The clown was great, but Dandy is by far the standout character and my favorite villain after Bloodyface (he could top him depending on what he'll do on the season finale). And shit, things are moving fast now. They're dropping like flies. On a sidenote, I liked that a part of Hans Gruber's backstory from Asylum was included in Freak Show. I also digged that Jimmy opted for claws instead of normal hands.

Well guys, thoughts on the finale?

I'll say:

I definitely feel like it was a cop-out just killing off almost everyone out of nowhere.  I mean... It wasn't out of character for Dandy at all.  In a way, I thought that whole "mass murder" scene was pretty awesome.  Mainly because, well... Dandy.  But other than that, it ended almost exactly how I would have guessed.  As soon as I saw Wes Bentley's name in the opening credits, I knew exactly where it was going.

Well guys, thoughts on the finale?

I'll say:

I definitely feel like it was a cop-out just killing off almost everyone out of nowhere.  I mean... It wasn't out of character for Dandy at all.  In a way, I thought that whole "mass murder" scene was pretty awesome.  Mainly because, well... Dandy.  But other than that, it ended almost exactly how I would have guessed.  As soon as I saw Wes Bentley's name in the opening credits, I knew exactly where it was going.

I haven't watched it yet, but from the previews I assumed that is what would happen. Dandy was by far the best character on this season, and he is the only reason I kept watching. 

Weak ending. Expected more of a twist. The last few episodes felt rushed and in a hurry to just end it all.

Agreed.

I was glad to see Dandy get what he deserved, but they could've been more creative with it.

Also I was assuming that the twins were gonna inherit all of Dandy's money but I don't think they made any reference to that in the future scenes. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Dandy's killing spree was awesome, Finn Wittrock's a phenomenal actor. It may have been a predictable way to end things, but predictable doesn't always mean that it's bad. And yeah, he should've gotten killed off in a more creative way.

I'm fine with what happened to the remaining freaks (incl. Elsa) but what about Chester? Does his story end at the police station after his bizarre confession of murdering a puppet?

Freak Show was fairly consistent but there wasn't a single standout episode (except for the Mordrake two-parter perhaps) compared to the previous seasons who had strong eps as well as downright shit ones - not to mention that it never was nearly as compelling as MH, Asylum or Coven. So in the end, I'd say FS was the worst season so far. Usually I get a little impatient when I realize that there won't be new AHS material until October, but this time I don't really mind it.