Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

The guys running the label from the You me and everyone thread should stop by here and see how a label can use a board like this to build customer relations and create a devoted customer base.

Although I'm on the fence about spending the money on this box set, 16rpm is making me want to.

Totally. I'm pretty much definite on the Teenage Bottlerocket box set now. Especially since they're another band I really like, but own nothing on vinyl from.

The guys running the label from the You me and everyone thread should stop by here and see how a label can use a board like this to build customer relations and create a devoted customer base.

Although I'm on the fence about spending the money on this box set, 16rpm is making me want to.

Is that thread worth reading? I have no idea who that band is. 27 pages is readable but there needs to be something worthwhile in there.

Most definitely not worth the time and effort. 

It's humorous, but it's about 20 pages of the same shit post after post. 

Kickstarter was supposed to ship priority.  It didn't.  Drama ensues.

People have split seams.  Drama ensues.

Guy shipping claims they are using $2 in bubble wrap per order.  (My favorite but mostly skipped over) Drama ensues.

Guy shipping starts threatening to cancel a posters order.  Drama ensues.

It all comes down to a chain of reasonably minor issues being handled extremely poorly by 1 of the 2 guys doing this release.

etc etc etc

None of the TBR will be remixed but they will all be remastered to vinyl.

None of the original plates will be used.

Everything is being done from scratch.

All of the LP's will be 190 gram vinyl and there will be only one label on the A side so the B side can have only the color showing through the dye cut cover. The trick is going to be getting the vinyl to match the color of the font.     

:-0

Cheers,

Todd

Ooh. I assumed it'd be a colored inner sleeve showing through the die cut like the HWM 7"s. The unlabeled b-side showing through sounds pretty awesome.

Will Warning Device and Freak Out! Be black vinyl, in that case? Since they're black print on a colored background, rather than the colored print on a black background of the other albums?

Best wishes to you all from England.

When I got married my wife walked/pogoed down the aisle to The Lillingtons; Hooked on You. This box set clearly falls into the essential category! (It won the battle with the Demolition Doll Rods - I Just Wanna Get Married for the Weekend... and Oizone's version of 'You're Gorgeous').

Incidentally we signed the register to Peter & The Test Tube Babies covering the songs 'When I Fall in Love' (don't know who did the original - presumably one of the old crooners) and 'Especially for You' (Kylie & Jason) and we walked out to the Smiths 'You're The One for Me Fatty'. 

It seemed like fun at the time anyway. Bring on that boxset.