Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

my standard color version is verified correct sides and labels.

Side 1 = Too Late Show Side A - white

Side 2 = Too Late Show Side B - white

Side 3 = Backchannel Broadcast Side A - blue

Side 4 = Backchannel Broadcast Side B - blue

Side 5 = Death by TV Side A - yellow

Side 6 = Death by TV Side B - yellow

Side 7 = Shit out of luck Side A - orange

Side 8 = Shit out of luck Side B - orange

Side 9 = technically unsound black cover Side A = Live at the jam room - purple

Side 10 = technically unsound black cover Side B = nothing cool split - purple

Side 11 = technically unsound white cover Side A = Jam Room Demos - red

Side 12 = technically unsound white cover Side B = 2 7"ers - red

Hello there, ok, the tie dye's are all fucked up with the plates out of order on the two sides.

if you'd like a refund, please send the records back and I'll refund you your money plus postage.

The tests were done intentionally all out of order but the labels were all supposed to be on the correct side.

Here the plates got on the wrong side on two of the records.

Yes this sucks...

I took every precaution to avoid this type of issue with numbering the labels and then numbering the matrix with the same fucking number.

yes I'm pissed about this as well...

SORRY

TODD

so wait a minute, are you telling me that that one guy's gonna have to change his ebay listing AGAIN!  [heavy sigh]

I feel like bidding, winning, and then demanding my money back...

you guys with the tye dies are pretty cool with this, so much so that i'd call you "apologists".

it was a mess up, not a reason to label this thing a "b".  this is a big guff.  i applaud todd and his diy spirit, i wish i could have read about this whole mess a couple months later in Punk Planet.  still a big guff.

i am finally super happy with my reg boxset.

I don't get it. It seems like a minor inconvenience to me. If you have a tie-dyed set and would like to return it, Todd has offered you that option. If you don't like getting up occasionally to flip or change out a record, check out iTunes; all you need to do is push a button and the music will play forever. If you don't have the tie-dyed set and are complaining on behalf of those who do, simply because you are upset that you didn't get exactly what you wanted to begin with, just be happy that you don't have to deal with the perceived hassle of switching out a record in place of flipping one over.

To me, this makes no bit of difference.  It would be one thing if the same side of one record was pressed twice on two different records, but this is no big deal at all.  I'm in love with this thing.

That being said, I sure hope this sort of mix-up doesn't happen with the 12 LP set. . .

:)

Thanks for the WD spoiler jackass. 

Yeah, stupid. He added that to his original post cause so I didn't read it until the quote. I guess his first post insulting me wasn't very good so he needed a second try.

The walking dead argument got stupid pretty quick but has nothing to do with any of this. Throwing spoilers around in random threads is probably worth a warning point if I asked a mod to. As Perma pointed out, that would be a pussy thing to do. 

482326_820059717405_217466776_n.jpg

I just checked the thread because it's on page 1 for quite some while now...I don't have a clue who/what Lillingtons is or what kind of music they do, nor am I interested in checking it out (looks like punk?!)...

BUT: these records look soooooooooooo amazing! It's a pleasure to see that there are people/bands out there who still focus on esthetics when it comes to vinyl!

I just checked the thread because it's on page 1 for quite some while now...I don't have a clue who/what Lillingtons is or what kind of music they do, nor am I interested in checking it out (looks like punk?!)...

BUT: these records look soooooooooooo amazing! It's a pleasure to see that there are people/bands out there who still focus on esthetics when it comes to vinyl!

The easiest way to describe them to someone who doesn't listen to this type of music is that they have a sound similar to the Ramones. I'm assuming you have heard of them. Lots of videos on youtube to check out and give them a chance.

Seriously, why a Walking Dead spoiler? I avoid those threads on purpose!

Can someone delete that part of his post?

There is a Walking Dead thread in Everything Else. I made a request that people were getting a little lax with comic spoilers by my standards and it turned into a clusterfuck about what is a spoiler and what isn't, whether there should be two threads for comic readers and not, how big of an inconvenience it is to use spoiler tags for comic talk, etc...

It's one of those arguments where afterwards you think "what did I start"? The thread was good (or I wouldn't ever be in it) and I thought I was just making a small request. It spiraled though. Apparently this guy took it personally.

JerseyDave pops in here. He'll take care of it.