Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!! I was gonna poke around here more... Vc seems real chill compared to alot of other message boards. I knew about it for awhile and lurked from time to time but the lillingtons set got me to sign up! I got out of collecting for a few yrs... after loosing a bunch of records, it took me awhile to start collecting vinyl again!

Yeah the variant / flipping / collecting debate has been around since this place was founded and will go on for the next 20 years if it sticks around. Other than that it's pretty chill. I have moved to posting in "everything else" about 80% of the time but I think that has to do more with the trend of this forum going from really heavy on the punk / indie side of things to balanced across a lot of genres.

so the metal boxes started shipping yesterday?

16RPM has mentioned a few times in the thread that they should start shipping today. If I remember correctly, he said they'd be shipping out in installments, not all at once, since they are so large/heavy. I could be wrong about that. Either way, I'm sure it'll be at your doorstep and on your turntable soon enough.

*insert jaded old man quote about mailorder in the 90's.

This thread really needs to only be bumped by Todd, since he has the only worthwhile information on the release.

I like reading what other people are thinking and experiencing (although I do waste too much time on this site).

If you only want utilitarian info about the release from the label, I did make this suggestion to VC a couple days ago in the support section:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86870-follow-topic-based-on-user/

Probably will never be instituted, though.

Here's a picture of my Tie dye box set. I was lucky enough to help with the pressing and boxing of these so I got my set a little early. I have seen all 300 tie dye records. I can tell you that every set will be truly unique and really cool.

set.jpg

Either that is Jolly Ronnie's auction (guessing not) or that auction needs to be reported for using a photograph that isn't the actual item. In this case (unlike most vinyl, which is exactly the same colors) it is actually a little fraudulent to represent your record with someone else's pic.

I think I can look at the other one and see who is fucking with it. I would think that if you are going to fuck with it, bid up to $10 grand. $425 seems like it actually could happen (even though some of those bids come from people with a lot of retractions, which are likely not representative of true demand). Don't want to just set a standard that this is a $500 record (even though no one knows the "true" price, it's not inconceivable) and then everyone is gonna want $500 for it going forward.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm gonna play cheerleader again, because I don't have the patience to read the last few pages, but I'm guessing they've been mostly negative.  Todd, this release made my year.  So stoked to have it. I bet no one has taken, or will take, you up on the offer for a refund for the tie dye set.  If anyone did, there's 100s of people who would jump at the chance to give 'em a second home.