Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar 2xLP red vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic

travis

I grabbed the last (or only) copy of this at the Flatiron Mall location in Broomfield, CO.  They had a buy one, get one half off sale going, but didn't have any other records I wanted.  I just ended up getting "The Only Place" by the Best Coast.  Never heard of them before, but it came out to only 7 bucks.  Hopefully it's good.

I picked up a copy at Brea today.  They have one LAST copy...the only issue with that one is there is a split seam at the top of the cover, just slight.  It's still sealed though, as new.  I was going to pick it up and offer it here at cost plus shipping for people who didn't/won't get a chance at a local Hot Topic, but decided not to spend the $40 plus as I needed to pick up a few more things.

I picked up a copy at Brea today.  They have one LAST copy...the only issue with that one is there is a split seam at the top of the cover, just slight.  It's still sealed though, as new.  I was going to pick it up and offer it here at cost plus shipping for people who didn't/won't get a chance at a local Hot Topic, but decided not to spend the $40 plus as I needed to pick up a few more things.

It was really $40? I've been waiting to pick this up when it goes up online but I really don't think I want it bad enough at that price.

I saw Sum 41- Does This Look Infected and Say Anything on gold vinyl at HotTopic.com this morning. Those are gone now? Anyways still no Manson. Hopefully soon.

Sum 41 and Say Anything (actually on purple) should be back up soon. Not sure why those went down but I'm looking into that now.

It was really $40? I've been waiting to pick this up when it goes up online but I really don't think I want it bad enough at that price.

Oh No!  I meant $40 plus for two copies...my apologies for lack of clarity.

EDIT:  I'm currently spinning side B.  The sound on this record is absolutely stunning!  The soundstage is massive, the clarity is pristine and it sounds VERY analog.  I have no clue how this could be as I would expect this to be a totally digital recording.  No digital nasties on this one guys. I could barely read the mastering credits but it is Tom Baker at Future Disc Systems I think...font is really small.  Mad props guy!

Oh No!  I meant $40 plus for two copies...my apologies for lack of clarity.

EDIT:  I'm currently spinning side B.  The sound on this record is absolutely stunning!  The soundstage is massive, the clarity is pristine and it sounds VERY analog.  I have no clue how this could be as I would expect this to be a totally digital recording.  No digital nasties on this one guys. I could barely read the mastering credits but it is Tom Baker at Future Disc Systems I think...font is really small.  Mad props guy!

Mind you digital recording isn't bad... CD however is format that hasn't allowed for improvement since 1983, as the spec is locked.  It's a shame really, studio technology has made some strides in quality and flexibility for recording, yet we get stuck with a 30+ year old spec on the consumer format.  

SACD/DVD-A were disappointing at best commercially, goes to show you how much packaging really matters on physical media.  If people can't visually see the difference, then they don't want to pay for the  upgrade.  (Hence 'vinyl')

Personally I see a big hole in the music market.  I say why not sell a USB drive and a poster.  That'd be nice- all the music in full studio quality and a lossy version for portables/cars, and make the poster LP sized or bigger. It could be done fairly inexpensively in concept seeing as an uncompressed 24-bit / 96khz copy of an album at most takes 2gb.  It also allows for more interesting packaging , like this.

Mind you digital recording isn't bad... CD however is format that hasn't allowed for improvement since 1983, as the spec is locked.  It's a shame really, studio technology has made some strides in quality and flexibility for recording, yet we get stuck with a 30+ year old spec on the consumer format.  

SACD/DVD-A were disappointing at best commercially, goes to show you how much packaging really matters on physical media.  If people can't visually see the difference, then they don't want to pay for the  upgrade.  (Hence 'vinyl')

Personally I see a big hole in the music market.  I say why not sell a USB drive and a poster.  That'd be nice- all the music in full studio quality and a lossy version for portables/cars, and make the poster LP sized or bigger. It could be done fairly inexpensively in concept seeing as an uncompressed 24-bit / 96khz copy of an album at most takes 2gb.  It also allows for more interesting packaging , like this.

Is it just me, or does anyone find it hilarious that on an item that people are listing for $360 MINIMUM, Amazon will only give you $3.85 as a trade in if you sell it to them?