Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Lines of communication are very important when it comes to trading. For example, (and I'm not singling her out...it's the most recent trade/purchase I have made), the first time I dealt with Barrie (genericinsight) was a good experience. I was not being impatient about a record she sent me and I know the mail down here takes forever for me to get. But she went ahead and dropped me a message apologizing for not having sent the record out earlier.

That kind of thing I don't mind. As long as the lines of communication are open and I know what the status of a record (or anything being traded or sold for that matter) then it's all OK within a reasonable space of time.

Hopefully this sticky thread will not be as massive as the 'Good People' one but I agree that it will be a good tool/reference for the future.

I'm the exact same way. I don't mind waiting, but i also don't like being left in the dark. If someone forgot, and just apologized, and said, "Dude, i'm so sorry, i'll get it out". That's completely fine. I don't mind that. it happens. Just be honest.

What i don't like is being lied too. Ive had several packages come to me late, and when i emailed these people in a very upset letter, i received my mail 2 to 3 days later. I don't know if people know, but when you tell me it was sent out a while ago, and then the mail comes, and the postage was paid 2 days prior to delivery, it doesn't look good on your part..

Just sayin'

Guest genericinsight
If you're running late in mailing a record out to someone, bite the bullet and send it Priority Mail instead of 1st Class or Media Mail. I've done that for people on here and they've done it for me, too, and it's just a nice, subtle way of saying, "I'm a douche and forgot to mail your record out on time."

I've done this for sure. In fact, I pretty much always ship via first class or Priority cause I know Media Mail takes forever. Even if it means I have to pay a little extra.

I don't understand what takes some people so long to mail out a record.

i mail shit a lot faster in the summer when i can ride my bike down there. i don't really mind waiting a few weeks to get a record from someone. i don't expect someone to rush it out to send it when i pay for it. someone on vlv took 4 months to get me a record and i wasn't even upset at all.

Ronniethebear. Here's what happened.

I traded Ron 2 records for one. At the beginning i told him that since i was new i'd send first, and that i would put delivery confirmation on it and that i expected that same. I send my stuff. He receives it, but does not tell me. I know because he posts it in the "what's in your mailbox" thread. I'm thinking OK, he'll just mail mine out then. Well, no. A week later i contact him about a Daughters album, and he tells me he still hasn't mailed my trade item! wtf. So there was no deal worked out for the Daughters and he says "he'll get my mono out". Ok. Well, never once have a got a message saying that he mailed it, or that he received mine, or that it's taking him some time to get mine out. Three weeks later i PM him and he states "USPS can take awhile". Ok, i'll wait another week. PM again, and he tells me that he did not get confirmation, and the he "didn't know what to tell me"! I still have not received a PM from him! Skinny little fucker. Did you know that i can fly to Houston for 5 dollars. Mail my shit back or forever be pestered on ALL the vinyl boards.

Ronniethebear. Here's what happened.

I traded Ron 2 records for one. At the beginning i told him that since i was new i'd send first, and that i would put delivery confirmation on it and that i expected that same. I send my stuff. He receives it, but does not tell me. I know because he posts it in the "what's in your mailbox" thread. I'm thinking OK, he'll just mail mine out then. Well, no. A week later i contact him about a Daughters album, and he tells me he still hasn't mailed my trade item! wtf. So there was no deal worked out for the Daughters and he says "he'll get my mono out". Ok. Well, never once have a got a message saying that he mailed it, or that he received mine, or that it's taking him some time to get mine out. Three weeks later i PM him and he states "USPS can take awhile". Ok, i'll wait another week. PM again, and he tells me that he did not get confirmation, and the he "didn't know what to tell me"! I still have not received a PM from him! Skinny little fucker. Did you know that i can fly to Houston for 5 dollars. Mail my shit back or forever be pestered on ALL the vinyl boards.

again, wow

i am also a bit annoyed at ronnie for failing to get delivery confirmation that i requested. im still waiting on a record from him. however, i see that its a common occurrence trading with ronnie, so im not really concerned. just a bit annoying after i sent his out so quickly and with delivery confirmation