Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

You are right. I am angry. I attempted to keep it private but I don't enjoy being bashed on a public forum that I've been an active and positive contributing member of. I do not believe me cursing makes me look any worse than being called a liar, a thief, and a scam artist not only by him but now people who aren't even involved in the situation. Those are accusations that are now permanent, period. I'm sorry this has become ugly and I apologize for my part of it to all of you whom I have or have not dealt with directly before who shouldn't have to be concerned with it.

Matt,

As far as I'm concerned I've said everything I needed to say regarding this issue and the refund via e-mail not just over the last few days but months, you know what the cost was and how much money is owed, it is now up to you to come to some sort of resolution, I have told you that I'm not willing to accept bit part payments and would want it paid in full via paypal, I have even said that if I have to wait while you get your affairs in order I'm willing to do that, which I think is fair but you must update me on the situation and keep me in the loop, I'm on the other side of the world here and unfortunately I don't have the ability to read minds.

In regards to your posts above, I don't think there is any need for the language and cursing, you may be a stand up guy but I can only go off first impression and with the way this entire thing has been handled on your behalf it does not look good or professional, I've been civil and fair in my comments only stating facts which I have backed up, yes I'm frustrated about this but I'm not losing my temper or swearing.

I'm not on any kind of personal vendetta against you, as far as I'm concerned as I've previously stated my review is fair and precise, I have not fabricated any of the situation or blown it out of proportion, I'm just an extremely disappointed customer who wants closure with this on going issue.

Cheers,

Phil

Matt,

As far as I'm concerned I've said everything I needed to say regarding this issue and the refund via e-mail not just over the last few days but months, you know what the cost was and how much money is owed, it is now up to you to come to some sort of resolution, I have told you that I'm not willing to accept bit part payments and would want it paid in full via paypal, I have even said that if I have to wait while you get your affairs in order I'm willing to do that, which I think is fair but you must update me on the situation and keep me in the loop, I'm on the other side of the world here and unfortunately I don't have the ability to read minds.

In regards to your posts above, I don't think there is any need for the language and cursing, you may be a stand up guy but I can only go off first impression and with the way this entire thing has been handled on your behalf it does not look good or professional, I've been civil and fair in my comments only stating facts which I have backed up, yes I'm frustrated about this but I'm not losing my temper or swearing.

I'm not on any kind of personal vendetta against you, as far as I'm concerned as I've previously stated my review is fair and precise, I have not fabricated any of the situation or blown it out of proportion, I'm just an extremely disappointed customer who wants closure with this on going issue.

Cheers,

Phil

6-7 months later...I think you deserve $300 back for sure.

Hi guys,

I'am currently dealing with Matt over e-mail since I posted this review, yes I can confirm that he has given me a direct phone number to call him but I personally don't see where that would get us plus I'm in the UK and only use a mobile so I don't want to be looking at bills for international call rates, I'm beyond frustrated at this now.

But saying that, the review and everything I've wrote is factual and has a documented time line, I felt I needed to go into detail and provide substantial proof as people would probably find the whole situation hard to believe, I personally think I've been patient enough and lenient with Matt over the last 8 month's, but as far as I'm concerned it has now reached a point were I felt in the dark and needed to vent my growing frustration and get some sort of closure on this, and I felt that the only way I would succeed in that was to write that review knowing Matt is an active user on these forums.

Cheers,

Phil

If you sell an expensive item, it is your responsibility to secure the tracking number. No excuses. Leading someone on for months is lame and reminiscent of true scammers.

• 2 weeks later...

STAY AWAY.

eBay ID: hi_l0

I spent $310 on three of his listings for rare Porcupine Tree LPs.   I paid immediately, but after a WEEK of waiting for him to ship, he cancelled all three orders without explanation.  After messaging him he admitted that he changed his mind and wants to keep the albums, despite me already buying and paying for them.  Says they have "sentimental value" and he got "cold feet" about the sale.  Total deadbeat seller.

STAY AWAY.

eBay ID: hi_l0

I spent $310 on three of his listings for rare Porcupine Tree LPs.   I paid immediately, but after a WEEK of waiting for him to ship, he cancelled all three orders without explanation.  After messaging him he admitted that he changed his mind and wants to keep the albums, despite me already buying and paying for them.  Says they have "sentimental value" and he got "cold feet" about the sale.  Total deadbeat seller.

Just because you are pissed doesn't make it right to lie and give negative feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porcupine-Tree-We-Lost-Skyline-LP-Orange-Vinyl-SEALED-Steven-Wilson-/251674507684

Porcupine Tree - We Lost The Skyline LP Orange Vinyl SEALED Steven Wilson (#251674507684) - Claimed record was "perfect condition," considerably scratched, dirty. Terrible

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy anything from VC user Conrad. Had some albums on the here. We agreed to a price and I paid him for the records. Since then a month has gone by and I have heard nothing back from him. Currently trying to get my money back through paypal. Fuck this guy ---> http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/3158-conrad/?tab=feedback

Just because you are pissed doesn't make it right to lie and give negative feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porcupine-Tree-We-Lost-Skyline-LP-Orange-Vinyl-SEALED-Steven-Wilson-/251674507684

I bought four other LPs from the same seller that he DID ship (the above link shows one of them). Two of the more expensive LPs were supposed to be new and/or unplayed, but turned out to be in fairly poor condition -- stains, gouges in the jacket, cigarette smell, visible scratches...I literally pulled cobwebs out of a $100+ record.  Given the condition, expense, poor quality of communication, and the fact that they were shipped with zero protection, I felt it was necessary to leave a negative and a neutral for those.  I didn't leave any feedback for the records that were fine.

So, no -- I have nothing to lie about here, though without the full story I can see how you may have drawn that conclusion.  This was a bad experience, and I think the feedback was more than fair (especially since the seller was totally uninterested in working things out). Ebay appears to take no action against non-performing sellers, so it seemed appropriate to warn others. 

everybody be careful in dealing with the following user:

jeffjacker689

jeffjack689

he sent me an e-mail about the Matt Skiba Signature GPC guitar i posted about, claiming he had one for sale. gave me a price, and told me he wanted me to send him that amount in Amazon gift cards. i told him that i didn't feel comfortable with that since we were dealing with hundreds of dollars, but that i'd have been more than willing to send via paypal. i also requested pictures of the guitar he claimed to have. he claimed he didn't use paypal and refused to provide pictures. "nah, i'm good" was his exact response to that request.

i responded with "nice try, slick." to let him know i knew he was trying to scam me, to which he responded "Fuck you . I know who you are don't worry". so a real stand-up gentleman we're dealing with here. and a mastermind of a sleuth to play the "i know who you are" card when

1. i'm a public figure

2. i posted a link to my company's website

3. i posted a link to my personal facebook page

4. i include a business card with my phone number in every record, cd, and cassette i sell

either way, just wanted to warn you guys about him before you attempt to deal with him in any capacity.

Guys, seriously, do not make a deal with jeffjacker689. He fraudulently misrepresents himself and gives you a 'deal' that's too good to be true (it is), he will ask for an Amazon gift card because he 'has an eye on a record' on Amazon. Then never sends you the record you agreed and PAID for! BEWARE!!!

:edit: dude was out of town...he's checkin on it now and when this gets resolved I'll delete this post :)

Bought a record from iammoon 4 weeks ago, and still haven't gotten it. I've messaged him a few times, and he didn't respond. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since hes got a solid feedback score and shit happens, but its looking like I'm not getting the LP.

It sucks because this is the 2nd time this year I've gotten screwed out of the same LP on here (and those are the only bad experiences I've had on these boards)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Goten1957

Post here to give a heads up on on shitty people on the internet.

Use this as a template/example (use specifics!):

Thanks buddy for help. You have done a nice job by alerting the people from getting stuck. I really appreciate your courage.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that happened to someone, but I think he got it worked out.  not sure.

Ah, I'd love to hear an update on that. I'm not a confrontational person, but Condition Oakland just got announced to play Pouzza and I'd definitely like to question that dude, given the chance. 

Ah, I'd love to hear an update on that. I'm not a confrontational person, but Condition Oakland just got announced to play Pouzza and I'd definitely like to question that dude, given the chance. 

If I remember correctly, the singer was the one he had the issue with, and I think one or few of the other members intervened?  Not sure what the overall outcome was though.

Edit: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/107449-anybody-who-has-made-a-deal-with-daniel-campbell/

he updated on the situation

If I remember correctly, the singer was the one he had the issue with, and I think one or few of the other members intervened?  Not sure what the overall outcome was though.

Edit: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/107449-anybody-who-has-made-a-deal-with-daniel-campbell/

he updated on the situation

Crazy!