Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

10 minutes ago, Halo 2 said:

If you file a claim thru paypal their only option will be to return the items for a full refund. 

She filled the dispute thru eBay. I'm willing to give her $8 for refund. Just pissed since she didn't send me proof I guess. It's kinda weird that I sent her a sealed rsd 7" item and she says it was opened with a scratch and chipped.

Just now, thetonysicilia said:

She filled the dispute thru eBay. I'm willing to give her $8 for refund. Just pissed since she didn't send me proof I guess. It's kinda weird that I sent her a sealed rsd 7" item and she says it was opened with a scratch and chipped.

they're probably lying but who knows. I thought ebay just went through paypal but I guess things have changed. 

4 hours ago, thetonysicilia said:

Does eBay protect sellers?? This lady is coming at me because she is saying that the item came to her opened, scratched, and chipped. The item was in facted sealed and protected very well. She asked me for a $13 refund (paid $27)...I offered her $8. She didn't send me pictures of her recieveing the item opened, or scratched or chip. Anyways, I'm just venting. 

If you suspect they are not telling the truth, follow this order:

1) Ask for photos

2) Offer to provide a full refund upon return of the item.  Offer to work within eBay or PayPal's claim system, so that eBay/PayPal can oversee the return, any messages exchanged, and automate the process (when applicable).

There is still a chance that you will get a damaged item back and lose out on your money and record BUT, if this is just a ploy to get money back, the buyer will refuse the return or disappear.  Also, consider the slight chance that she is telling the truth and the package was tampered with or damaged during transit.  Media Mail is subject to inspection and stranger things have happened.  Good luck and keep a calm head.

If you'd rather give $8 back and avoid this entire headache (which is a valid option depending on how busy you are) do the partial refund and move on.  

1 hour ago, rds said:

If you suspect they are not telling the truth, follow this order:

1) Ask for photos

2) Offer to provide a full refund upon return of the item.  Offer to work within eBay or PayPal's claim system, so that eBay/PayPal can oversee the return, any messages exchanged, and automate the process (when applicable).

There is still a chance that you will get a damaged item back and lose out on your money and record BUT, if this is just a ploy to get money back, the buyer will refuse the return or disappear.  Also, consider the slight chance that she is telling the truth and the package was tampered with or damaged during transit.  Media Mail is subject to inspection and stranger things have happened.  Good luck and keep a calm head.

If you'd rather give $8 back and avoid this entire headache (which is a valid option depending on how busy you are) do the partial refund and move on.  

Thanks for the input

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 0:46 AM, crossedoutname said:

Hi, I'm real mad!!!

Do not buy from discogs seller msxnikki

Wrong item sent and shipped very poorly

80C6AE0A-F16A-4BE4-9ECF-E7B8D56B1C98.jpg

Was supposed to be on blue vinyl and shipped in a makeshift shitty mailer...don't buy from this seller

Fastbreak is an appropriate name for this record.

• 3 weeks later...

I became tired of ebay people trying to cheat me as paypal always cover buyer's ass. Now it came to discogs. Guy wants 50% refund because I sent him "old record and resealed it", like I have nothing else to do but cheat people and reseal record. He will give me negative feedback, unless I send hime refund - than he will give the following one:

«Perfect seller, good comunication, excellent packaging and very, very fast shipping!»

Here's one of the proof pictures:

anhu1e.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with such people, huh?

discogs: barrett88
[email protected]

Just read page 80 of this thread.

Some things:

Buyers are inexperienced. If you sell sealed records, need to prepare yourself for dumbass buyers by writing these in your listings:

1. This record is sealed and very old. Many old records have mold or debri from paper inner sleeves. You can easily remove mold with a record cleaning solution. 

2. Mold may also be found growing on the paper inner sleeves. You can replace them. Many records move around during transportation and cut through the inner sleeves. 

3. It is recommended that you allow me to open the record to inspect. Further, it is not recommended to send a sealed record through the mail because they can split the seams in the jacket. I would gladly remove the record and gently place it outside the jacket for shipping.

4. The quality control in some modern record plants is not very good (GZ in Czech). Some records often come with scratches. By purchasing a sealed record, you agree not to hold the seller responsible for the condition of the record. It is recommended that you ask me to open and inspect the record before shipping.

Don't refund.  Contact Doscogs staff and let them know.  If he sent you everything you've mentioned, there is clear evidence that this guy is a knucklehead and Discogs will remove any negative feedback he leaves.  They might also suspend his account for stupidly explaining that he'll blackmail you via messages instead of subtly inferring it.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, rds said:

Don't refund.  Contact Doscogs staff and let them know.  If he sent you everything you've mentioned, there is clear evidence that this guy is a knucklehead and Discogs will remove any negative feedback he leaves.  They might also suspend his account for stupidly explaining that he'll blackmail you via messages instead of subtly inferring it.

You're right.  It's fairly easy to get Discogs to remove feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, Matt Danish said:

Don't sell to TDILLON311 on Discogs. He bought a high ticket record from me that he had apparently had bad luck with before. I tested it and shipped it out. He left negative feedback saying that it had multiple scratches and skipped all over the place. 

I wrote it off as bad luck, but I just got a message today from another seller that TDILLON did the same thing to him, only he refunded the money and let him keep the record.

Timothy Dillon
111 orchard road
East patchogue, Ny, 11772
United States

[email protected] 

(631) 338-3957

Wow. So glad to see this. Sold that dude a mint Circa record and he did the same shit to me. Wonder if theres anyway we could get with paypal on this and do something. Dude practically stole the record after the partial refund.

4 minutes ago, Matt Danish said:

Fortunately I didn't care enough about my feedback to offer him a refund. After the other seller messaged me about him, I contacted Discogs and they removed the feedback TDILLON311 left. 

I also posted on the Facebook page of a band he was in explaining what happened, and another member of the band, Frank Mitaritonna, threatened me with "If I have to be made aware of you again, you will not be happy. Condider this me being nice."

Yeah, I replied to the feedback he left on my discogs and now he's threatening me himself. What a fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

eBay user "thevinylvillians" won one of my auctions and then proceeded to message me that he bid too much and wanted me to cancel his order. After I went through the process of a non-payment claim, he opened a claim saying I never shipped his record and wanted me to either ship the record or refund him even though he never paid. Luckily it was an easy case for me to win with a phone call to eBay, but it was still a pain nonetheless.