Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

My first bad Discogs experience. User name ChicagoRecords. I ordered 22, A Million on the 4th and it took 7 days for the seller to get me a tracking number. But the plot twist is that the tracking just shows that the shipping label was created. They just responded today after I've been trying to reach them for 5 days. They said they shipped out the record today (2 weeks after I ordered it), but the tracking hasn't been updated. Really abrupt and not communicative.

Edited by erasedtapes

• 1 month later...

zachblows - I purchased a $100 record from him back in July and three months later it still has yet to arrive. First he had a "family emergency" which delayed shipping. Then apparently he made a mistake with my address and the record made it back to him. Now he has since stopped replying to my messages. Needless to say, I'll never be using PayPal's friends or family option ever again.

Edited by marcgcote

3 hours ago, marcgcote said:

zachblows - I purchased a $100 record from him back in July and three months later it still has yet to arrive. First he had a "family emergency" which delayed shipping. Then apparently he made a mistake with my address and the record made it back to him. Now he has since stopped replying to my messages. Needless to say, I'll never be using PayPal's friends or family option ever again.

This reminds me that he still owes me money from over a year ago. He said his gf stole the record he sold me and would be refunding me. I messaged him a few times about the refund and he kept putting it off until I completely forgot about it.

Don't believe any of his bs.

• 4 weeks later...

Worst discogs experience since I started using the site. User IndieSevens. Had 100% feedback prior to my purchase so I assumed it was safe. 8 weeks later no records, wouldn't/couldn't provide proof that he sent the records, really was poor with communication in general so I filed a paypal dispute. They ruled in my favor 4 weeks later, but been a total run around, 3 months with no records or money back. I left him negative feedback and he tried to coerce me into removing it, and left me negative feedback as a result.  

• 3 months later...

For anyone that missed the thread, I had a buyer contact me through Discogs about buying an expensive record. After shipping it to him he complained it was damaged and filed a dispute with paypal. Paypal decided he could return it for a refund. Paypal tracks the package and issues the refund when it is delivered. He sent me an empty box. Avoid! There's a thread about it here 

Ryan La Rue

Colton, Oregon

https://www.discogs.com/user/Skeletal-Life

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.larue.946

• 5 weeks later...

Dropped $200 for the first time on a record after trying to haggle to no avail. They bragged about the condition and the rarity etc etc - I moved some money around in order to purchase it based on the appeal of it's condition and assurance from the seller.

Then I was refunded a few days later because they apparently sold the album a year ago.

But there's more: He offered to send photos and never did. He bragged about how he would package it. And then -- He asked for $5 extra to ship it priority or else he was going to risk sending a $200 record via media mail.

I can't help but wonder if my money was used on bills until his next pay check came through today because he made the point of mentioning he needed to pay bills while selling the record. And he was entirely ungrateful and didn't say thanks for the payment etc.

Just a heads up for future trades with olopez6919 aka Oscar Lopez

On 3/14/2018 at 8:00 AM, shenanigans said:

For anyone that missed the thread, I had a buyer contact me through Discogs about buying an expensive record. After shipping it to him he complained it was damaged and filed a dispute with paypal. Paypal decided he could return it for a refund. Paypal tracks the package and issues the refund when it is delivered. He sent me an empty box. Avoid! There's a thread about it here 

Ryan La Rue

Colton, Oregon

just out of curiosity why didnt you leave him a bad review? there hasnt been any negative feedback for him in over 6 months. Fuck this guy because I can see the older negative ones, I am just curious as to why you didn't leave one. 

5 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

just out of curiosity why didnt you leave him a bad review? there hasnt been any negative feedback for him in over 6 months. Fuck this guy because I can see the older negative ones, I am just curious as to why you didn't leave one. 

Didn't sell the record through Discogs. He just contacted me there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, corey. said:

Dropped $200 for the first time on a record after trying to haggle to no avail. They bragged about the condition and the rarity etc etc - I moved some money around in order to purchase it based on the appeal of it's condition and assurance from the seller.

Then I was refunded a few days later because they apparently sold the album a year ago.

But there's more: He offered to send photos and never did. He bragged about how he would package it. And then -- He asked for $5 extra to ship it priority or else he was going to risk sending a $200 record via media mail.

I can't help but wonder if my money was used on bills until his next pay check came through today because he made the point of mentioning he needed to pay bills while selling the record. And he was entirely ungrateful and didn't say thanks for the payment etc.

Just a heads up for future trades with olopez6919 aka Oscar Lopez

oh shit. isnt this guy a respected member of this community? @olopez6919 @lupe @thedillon

On 5/1/2018 at 10:54 PM, tokimedo said:

oh shit. isnt this guy a respected member of this community? @olopez6919 @lupe @thedillon

I’ll defend Oscar to the death. This doesn’t sound like him at all. I’ve had several transactions with him and hung out with him IRL from meeting him off this message board. Total stand up guy.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:50 AM, thedillon said:

I’ll defend Oscar to the death. This doesn’t sound like him at all. I’ve had several transactions with him and hung out with him IRL from meeting him off this message board. Total stand up guy.

I guess it doesn't explain why he emailed me a picture of the album the other day with no message

Making this entire thing all the more confusing - but also supports my borrowed money theory ha

Edited by corey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just thought I’d post my only bad discogs experience. 

User: claywildwoode, Clayton wildwood, clatyperry (now on discogs as elclayton I believe believe)

Seller had a couple rarer variants of a brand new and moose blood record I was hoping to round out my collection with. Buyer beware he was a new seller but was friendly and I helped guide him through the process. Gave me a discount to buy both and ship together and once paid, radio silence. Almost a month to acknowledge shipping or receipt of money, claimed his PayPal was off with timing (??), phone was in repair, blah blah blah. 

Being the nice Canadian I am, I waited patiently. Records were shipped from UK to Canada so I expected them to take a while but they took 3 months. Again not too concerned until I opened them up. Completely wrong variants, (cheaper retail variants; stickergate without sticker) and still no communication. Filed a PayPal claim, waiting to hear back...lesson learned, buy from sellers with positive feedback. 

That said, all my other discogs and purchases on VC have been great!!

Edited by chb_vinyl
Added new alias

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:00 AM, shenanigans said:

Ryan La Rue

Colton, Oregon

Dammit, this dude bought a record from me and is pulling the same scam. He aggressively asked that I refund him 50% of the of the purchase price and when I gave him the option of 25% off (based on the picture he sent with a small corner ding) or to ship it back for a refund, he chose the latter. I fear for my paypal account now. :(

2 minutes ago, yanquiuxo said:

Dammit, this dude bought a record from me and is pulling the same scam. He aggressively asked that I refund him 50% of the of the purchase price and when I gave him the option of 25% off (based on the picture he sent with a small corner ding) or to ship it back for a refund, he chose the latter. I fear for my paypal account now. :(

Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can use my case against him. Feel free to message me if you need anymore details. I ended up winning my case based on the weight of the box he sent back not being enough to have a record in it. I also reported to USPIS (USPS police). Didn't take it to local law enforcement because I won the case, but that option is available as well.

1 minute ago, shenanigans said:

Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can use my case against him. Feel free to message me if you need anymore details. I ended up winning my case based on the weight of the box he sent bak not being enough to have a record in it. I also reported to USPIS (USPS police). Didn't take it to local law enforcement because I won the case, but that option is available as well.

The stupid thing is he already left me negative feedback a week ago, so I basically had nothing to lose but I felt like I should try to resolve it with him anyway. It was only after we started messaging that he got aggressive and just now he opened a PayPal claim against me.

I'm just going to give him what he wants and leave the negative feedback to warn others. I've been through this with PayPal and they have a tendency to lean in the buyers' favor unless given a good amount of pushback. For a $40 record, it's just not worth it to me.

Shitty.

1 minute ago, yanquiuxo said:

The stupid thing is he already left me negative feedback a week ago, so I basically had nothing to lose but I felt like I should try to resolve it with him anyway. It was only after we started messaging that he got aggressive and just now he opened a PayPal claim against me.

I'm just going to give him what he wants and leave the negative feedback to warn others. I've been through this with PayPal and they have a tendency to lean in the buyers' favor unless given a good amount of pushback. For a $40 record, it's just not worth it to me.

Shitty.

He has a history. It's definitely worth the fight. Especially since you offered a 25% refund which should cover more than the corner ding (is there a possibility of him getting a 2nd record to swap the cover and how much would that cost him?). The record I sold him was $260. The negative feedback obviously isn't doing anything since he has plenty of it and discogs hasn't kicked him off.

• 2 weeks later...

Sparty08 on Discogs is a complete scam artist . He says he works for post office said he sent my record back but never got it. I even gave him money to ship back, so there would be tracking, but in his better judgement, choose to be lazy and just wrote return to sender because he’s a shipping pro.  Opened up a case and non suprising they sided with him. Discogs has no seller protection

Got one more Crystslline8 on Discogs used the whole back-charge scam long after transaction was made. I had tracking proof that it was delivered, still didn’t matter. Once again Discogs decided in buyers favor. What more can I do besides prove it was delivered to his/her address. All Discogs cares about is getting their 9% commission and once again no seller protection

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new one that’s really head scratcher . I tried to buy 2 copies of GO:OD AM  from Zionsgate on Discogs . They wrote me long message that Thor trying not to let flippers get them. Ok that’s very noble of you taking on the role of “flipper police”. But then they are selling their high retail copies that usually sell for  $25 or less. Now they are selling them for $50+.  The irony is pretty funny. You gonna crusade against “flippers” then do it yourself just out of a record  store.  They are such Hippocrates it’s too funny

7 hours ago, B-dosia said:

Got a new one that’s really head scratcher . I tried to buy 2 copies of GO:OD AM  from Zionsgate on Discogs . They wrote me long message that Thor trying not to let flippers get them. Ok that’s very noble of you taking on the role of “flipper police”. But then they are selling their high retail copies that usually sell for  $25 or less. Now they are selling them for $50+.  The irony is pretty funny. You gonna crusade against “flippers” then do it yourself just out of a record  store.  They are such Hippocrates it’s too funny

"First do no harm." amirite?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone deal with Toxic Toast Records on Discogs? I purchased a 7" on 10/22, but never heard anything from them, sent them a message a few days ago and still nothing.... I was going to wait it out to see what happened as it's just a $10 order, but then they posted the same or another copy of the 7" for sale again last night. Not sure if they just don't want to deal with this small of an order or what... just a response would be nice.

55 minutes ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

Anyone deal with Toxic Toast Records on Discogs? I purchased a 7" on 10/22, but never heard anything from them, sent them a message a few days ago and still nothing.... I was going to wait it out to see what happened as it's just a $10 order, but then they posted the same or another copy of the 7" for sale again last night. Not sure if they just don't want to deal with this small of an order or what... just a response would be nice.

Haven't bought from them yet but, just in case you aren't already familiar with it, a "Seller Not Responding" button will appear on your order page eventually, if they don't respond to a buyer message for several days. I believe if you click that, the seller is contacted by Discogs saying they need to respond to you or they could risk having their account suspended. 9 times out of 10, they'll respond right away unless they're on vacation or something serious is up. If you already know all this, consider this post for someone reading who isn't yet. :)

27 minutes ago, swb said:

Haven't bought from them yet but, just in case you aren't already familiar with it, a "Seller Not Responding" button will appear on your order page eventually, if they don't respond to a buyer message for several days. I believe if you click that, the seller is contacted by Discogs saying they need to respond to you or they could risk having their account suspended. 9 times out of 10, they'll respond right away unless they're on vacation or something serious is up. If you already know all this, consider this post for someone reading who isn't yet. :)

Yeah, I used the "Seller Not Responding" function... first time having to use it.... took the seller about an hour and a half, but they changed the order to "Payment Received". No communication other than that... guess we'll see what happens. Honestly, I don't mind waiting if something is up... just need some communication.