Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

• 1 month later...

BEWARE: won item @ 24.50 refused sale, relisted at 59.99 BIN POOR POOR SELLER!!!

Reply by irishgoose3 (Nov-29-15 10:37):

THE TRUTH: Buyer did win item, Buyer wanted cheaper shipping, Buyer never paid.

Follow-up by t***a (Nov-29-15 15:27):

REQUIRED TO OFFER $4.00 for lps not $11 for ONE record. AVOID LIKE PLAGUE RUDE

While I agree that $11 for one LP within the US is a lot, don't quite consider this to be "terrible seller" worthy. Perhaps I'm wrong, but how are they required to offer $4.00 for shipping? When on eBay there's two prices to look at when interested in an item, the bid price and the ship price. If either is to my dislike, I don't bid. Shady sure, but not terrible.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite his 100% feedback on discogs, beware of:

Igl4711
[email protected]

Jörg Baumann from Germany

Bought a sealed copy of Shearwater's Rook. Stated afterwards the record condition was not as described. I offered to take the record back and refund him.

Instead he opened a claim at paypal and got his money back. The record was in mint condition (sealed, nothing wrong with the jacket etc...). Asked him for pictures, obviously no response.

He left negative feedback on discogs calling me a liar/scammer and got this record for free...what a jerk!

Seller HOMEWORK

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/12425-homework/

has great feedback but for some reason seems to have ripped 14 people off just last week. A private investigator is currently looking into it, but DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HOMEWORK!! I sent him 240$ Dollars here and haven't heard a single word back. 

Name: Corey Hatch

VC username: eshame

Email: [email protected]

Purchased a record from him; $13 was the total with shipping. Never shipped the LP. I inquired about tracking and he never responded. Emailed him, PMed him, and posted on his threads, still unresponsive. I must have contacted him 15+ times.

It's pretty lame that someone on VC would be hurting for cash so bad they scam someone out of $13.

manowar1967
[email protected]
No Feedback
Leave buyer feedback

Fred Sberna
1 balint drive apt 869
yonkers, New York, 10710
United States

Non-paying buyer....this is f*cking annoying!

I restricted to buyer with a minimum feedback of 85%....but this douche is probably the 3rd or 4th "new member" without any feedback who's not paying at all! Why the hell is there no option at discogs to exclude people without any feedback?

I've successfully sold about 40-50 records on Discogs and I've had about 4-5 people who didn't pay mixed in there. It's annoying but after 4 days you can cancel the order and re-list.

Usually, the busier you are the less you worry about non-paying buyers. For the last few cases I got an order, noticed they didn't pay that day, then I blinked/was busy at work, and canceled as NPB at the end of the week.

One method I've tried on about half a dozen orders who were slow to pay is to resend the invoice then leave a nice message thanking them for their order, letting them know you've sent over the invoice, and offering to answer any questions they might have before checking out. I have gotten payment same or next day each time I tried that.

Anyone else buy from the member drommusik on Discogs before? http://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/drommusik

Had a stellar seller rating and just in the past week seemingly sold a ton of things and vanished. I bought $350+ worth of stuff off of him two weeks ago. Now he won't communicate, as is the case with every other review on his account. Ugh.

Anyone else buy from the member drommusik on Discogs before? http://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/drommusik

Had a stellar seller rating and just in the past week seemingly sold a ton of things and vanished. I bought $350+ worth of stuff off of him two weeks ago. Now he won't communicate, as is the case with every other review on his account. Ugh.

I just bought something from him a week ago as well and never received any shipping info. Looks like I will be filing a claim.

I've successfully sold about 40-50 records on Discogs and I've had about 4-5 people who didn't pay mixed in there. It's annoying but after 4 days you can cancel the order and re-list.

Usually, the busier you are the less you worry about non-paying buyers. For the last few cases I got an order, noticed they didn't pay that day, then I blinked/was busy at work, and canceled as NPB at the end of the week.

One method I've tried on about half a dozen orders who were slow to pay is to resend the invoice then leave a nice message thanking them for their order, letting them know you've sent over the invoice, and offering to answer any questions they might have before checking out. I have gotten payment same or next day each time I tried that.

Yeah, true...I normally wait for a week before I re-send a notification or cancel the order...

Haven't heard anything from him and cancelled the order! But it's just annoying that one cannot block "new users"...

Buyer beware of drommusik on discogs, ordered the Velvet Underground box, asked if I could pay immediately and he'd get it out the next day and update paypal and discogs. Two weeks later neither of those has happened and he will not respond to any inquiries, it appears he has screwed over a bunch of buyers in the last couple of weeks.

Buyer beware of drommusik on discogs, ordered the Velvet Underground box, asked if I could pay immediately and he'd get it out the next day and update paypal and discogs. Two weeks later neither of those has happened and he will not respond to any inquiries, it appears he has screwed over a bunch of buyers in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, read above. Some of us have gotten F'ed over already too.

Watch out for seller TimScott on Discogs. He had 100% seller feedback with 500+ ratings when I purchased a record from him in early December. It took him almost two weeks to respond to multiple messages from me after he changed the order status to "Payment Received". He finally messaged me back offering a refund a few days ago, well over a month after I had placed the order. Currently waiting on that since he decided to stop responding again, but we'll see how long it takes or if I'll have to take it to PayPal.

Looks like he's given a few other people the runaround too from the looks of his feedback page, so I'd avoid purchasing anything from this seller.