Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Bonus screwed me over. Looks like he abandoned this site anyways.

The guy from Scotland?

Yeah. Forgot to send me out my record I paid for. Then when I found out I asked for my money back, he said he'd pay me at the end of the month (may), so I said ok and waited patiently but now he hasn't signed on since may 12th. Worst.

The guy from Scotland?

Yeah. Forgot to send me out my record I paid for. Then when I found out I asked for my money back, he said he'd pay me at the end of the month (may), so I said ok and waited patiently but now he hasn't signed on since may 12th. Worst.

Strange, he's always been a solid dude with me. I know he can be slow sometimes, but I don't think he'll totally bail with your money ???

Ok, again, this is like the third time I've posted this, but I bought a green copy of Build and Burn from allurin in March I believe, and it's still not here. I'm sorry but this is getting a bit silly. I paid $40 for this record 4, almost 5 months ago. I contacted him again at the beginning of May, and I've still got no record. Dude, if you're not gonna send it, then refund my money. I know there was some personal stuff, but it's been months and either send me the record, or give me my money back. I don't think I've been unreasonable....

SO HERE IS A NEW CLAIM, SINCE I GOT NO RESPONSE FROM HIM AT ALL:

CHRIS D from RAT PATROL RECORDS UK

I preoreded from him 3 copies Chuck ragan - ole diesel 7" 2nd press in Sept. 2007 and paid him 9.80 GBP

When I wrote him in Nov.2007, he replied "2nd press will be while yet as we're still ironong out some pressing details with chuck.."

after that I never heard from him again!

I wrote him via email and myspace, but no reply at all.

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/?board=general&action=display&thread=12796&page=1

As you can read in the thread above, more people are complaining about him...he replied in this threat "as for any Ragan pre-orders all that stuff got sent out months ago when i received the 2nd press,No Idea pretty much get our releases the same time as i do as they get shipped direct from the presing plant cos it's cheaper than getting them shipped to me and then me shipping them back out."

I know for sure, that at least one other person (frank) sent-out-preorder oddly enough disappeared somehow.....

make your own picture.

yep, xrecordsx is right, I never got my Chuck preorder as it "strangly disappeared in the postal system".

Same with Salaho´s preorder. And I´m sure there are more people out there who never got the preorder for the Chuck 2nd press.

I think that´s too much of a coincident that all these preoders never made it to us but got lost in the mail system

update about a bad seller. i posted originally that it was xxmartinxx. this is infact wrong and he is a good seller.

the bad trader was KEVINBAPTISTE or some sort of wrestling sounding name. he is a major douchebag.

xxmartinxx = good guy. sorry for draggin his name thru the mud.

Damn, i must have been lucky. I bought records from KEVINBAPTISTE and he was cool. i got 2 as friends rust records for 15ppd. damn good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Pelican2112.

We worked out a deal about six weeks ago, I sent mine out then, and he got his stuff around June 20. I got an e-mail about a week later apologizing that he hadn't sent my stuff and said it would go out that day or the next.

...well, it's been a month and nothing. I e-mailed him last week and he's logged on since, but no reply.

Anyone traded with Adam Hersh? I traded with him start of June and still haven't had my records, no reply to my messages either :\

I just posted this over at Deadformat (that's where I got in contact with him so I put it there first):

Well, hate to have to add to this list, but adam19 is a bad trader.

We agreed on a trade in late-May and I sent my record out first (on May 24th) since I initiated the trade.

He confirmed receipt of the record on June 15th, and said he was going to ship mine out the following day.

On July 13th I messaged him saying that the record hadn't arrived yet, and he said that he had the same problem with a "friend" of his and ended up having to send out his copy out of his personal collection to them. He told me that if I didn't receive the record by July 16th to let him know and he would send out his personal copy of my record.

I offered to even pay for the shipping costs of sending it out again, and he has just failed to respond at all to me since then.

I know he's not active on the forums, and neither am I really, but just thought I'd put his name out there as a warning to anyone who might come in contact with him.

[b]Don't trade with adam19.[/b]

This is referring to Adam Hersh, 9 Marlboro Lane, Bell Canyon, CA.

Dude is not trustworthy and ripped me off.

yep, xrecordsx is right, I never got my Chuck preorder as it "strangly disappeared in the postal system".

Same with Salaho´s preorder. And I´m sure there are more people out there who never got the preorder for the Chuck 2nd press.

I think that´s too much of a coincident that all these preoders never made it to us but got lost in the mail system

I have only had maybe 2 orders get lost in the mail before. It's actually very rare that happens. If it does, be a better dude, and mail out another one.

people suck.

Pelican2112.

We worked out a deal about six weeks ago, I sent mine out then, and he got his stuff around June 20. I got an e-mail about a week later apologizing that he hadn't sent my stuff and said it would go out that day or the next.

...well, it's been a month and nothing. I e-mailed him last week and he's logged on since, but no reply.

Pelican2112

same deal here, except i paypaled him on the 12th. got a message saying he'd send it out and i should get it within the week. i e-mailed him and PMed him. still no response, tried to cut the dude some slack, if he just showed up and said shit was busy and got me a tracking number with it going out, i'd be cool with him. Its almost been 2 months though. i'm starting to lose my patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Now i'll move this if the case is resolved and whatnot but what should I do (or would you do) in the case of being overcharged for shipping?

Case in point and to the point:

alan1842 has HWM - Moonpies on Orangey Brown (which I've been wanting) and the 1st Press of the 2 Rumbleseat 7's. I also have these on different pressings and just figured out Media shipping on MY scale with mailer and bubble wrap and figure to be $2.35. I get the package and it looks as if a cardboard box was cut up and folded around the records which were bubble wrapped and the records were in good shape. Only thing is, I got charged $8 for shipping and I am asking for a $5 refund.

I'm basing this on principal more than anything and how I don't gouge on shipping when I trade/sell. I also refund most times when shipping is overcharged.

Is this worth it for me to ask? Should I bother with this guy? I brought it to eBay's attention and they said to try communication.